USB Loader GX is showing only some games

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by angela18, Jan 2, 2017.

1. angela18
    OP

angela18 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2007
    United States
    I´m running USB Loader GX in vWii using a FAT32 HDD (4096) with Gamecube games on it as well. Problem is that USB Loader GX is showing 387 games, while I have 507 on the HDD. When I export the game list to a txt file from USB Loader GX it does show 507 in this text file (Wii Backup Manager also shows 507 games in this HDD). It is a 2TB HDD and it is not hidden. Is there something I´m doing wrong? Thanks.

Last edited by angela18, Jan 2, 2017
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    If Wiibackupmanager see them, I'll suppose the path and filename are correct.
    maybe it's a filtering issue.

It could be :
    - Favorite button is enabled, but you have some games without stars : Disable the favorite star button on the left of the top menu.
    - Categories are not displaying all games : open the category menu (desk/drawer icon in the top menu) and be sure "ALL" (the first item) has a check mark. Not empty, not a cross.
    - parental control is hiding games with mature content : do not lock the loader (lock icon in the top menu). <-- that one is very rare, I guess nobody lock their loader unless they have kids.

Now, let's assume the issue is really the path/filename:
    (probably not, if it can correctly export 507 games, but let's explain it anyway)

go to Wii backup Manager
    settings
    FAT32/NTFS tab
    enable "Automatically update storage convention when drive is mounted"
    select naming style "Title [ID]"
    save and exit the settings.
    Go to "drive1" tab and select your partition where you have Wii games.
    it will automatically fix all your path and filename issues to use /wbfs/game's title [GameID6]/GameID6.wbfx
    exit the program.

Try again in the loader.

angela18 likes this.
  3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Wii Backup Manager has an option to rename all titles to ensure they're correct, too. Oh, wait, that's what Cyan was explaining. WBM's UI confuses me. :P

4. angela18
    OP

angela18 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2007
    United States
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I guess the filepath and names are correct. In fact I formatted the HDD yesterday and tested with only one game (to see if it was working), and it worked. After that I spent some hours copying the other games, and when I opened USB Loader GX again, I could see only some games and the game I test it (the 1st one) dissapeared from the list. I will try these tweaikngs and will report back. Thanks!

5. angela18
    OP

angela18 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2007
    United States
    oh God, it was the "favourites" that was enabled. Thanks for the help Cyan! I feel so dumb now. :)

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    no problem, I'm glad it's fixed and it was "just" that issue ;)
    if it was something else it would be harder to find the cause.