Usb loader gx fu**** up

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Dante4001, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Dante4001
    OP

Dante4001 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2011
    United States
    I changed some minor option in Backup Manager and my usb loader gx on vWii stopped showing covers(but they are on sd card and it showed them before changing options) and it takes a lot of time to load the screen with "Play game" and "Game options"
    How to fix those problems?

P.S I changed options in Wii Backup Manager to get the proper names iof games

2. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    What prevents you from reinstalling the application ? If it bothers you to re-download the covers, make a backup of the image folder and then delete the USB Loader GX folder and the USB Loader GXin the Apps folder and then reinstall it, and copy over the covers.
    The whole operation shouldn't take you more then 7 - 8 minutes, and a clean, fresh install it's always the best way to fix any problem, especially when various ini settings are screwed up.

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    The loader is really slow if your SD card is write protected.
    Please verify your SD first.

Then, if your SD is not write protected, you could reset the settings.
    Automatically : in the settings > reset settings (I don't remember if it also resets the Title cache).
    or
    Manually : delete all .cfg and .bin files in the apps/usbloader_gx/ folder.

You can keep a copy of all your files, in case it wasn't the problem, and you want to restore your settings quickly.

I don't know what else could make the loader very slow to load.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I personally recommend using the banner view feature of USB Loader GX, it's really nice and you won't ever have to worry about downloading banners for new games or running low on SD space because of banner downloads.
    That doesn't answer your question but you might prefer that option.