USB Loader GX freezes at Initialize USB device

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by UnrecognizedName, Oct 8, 2012.

1. UnrecognizedName
    OP

UnrecognizedName Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2012
    United States
    USB Loader GX (3.0) keeps freezing at the 'Initialize USB device' screen when I try to start it up. It's not a delay, it completely freezes. There is a way for me to get around this problem, I don't have my USB in WBFS format, just the WBFS folder. If I completely format it to WBFS format, the program will start up and then give me this message;
    No USB device found. Switching to channel list mode.
    I've also tried previous versions of USB Loader GX-the same thing happens. Oh, and by the way, it isn't the USB. I can load my games fine on Neo Gamma and other USB loaders, its just I can't play games such as Modern Warfare 3 or Call of Duty: Black Ops that require ios 224 because Neo Gamma doesn't give you a choice on which ios you want to boot the game with.

All and any help is appreciated.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    v3.0 seems to have problem with initialization, but if older versions are doing the same thing, I think it's not the loader.

Did you try a different d2x version?
    I've read that the latest v9 beta helped some users with freeze/init issue.
    Maybe it won't help you, but you could try.

3. UnrecognizedName
    OP

UnrecognizedName Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2012
    United States
    I just did
    And it's still giving me the same error.

4. jpmcruiser

jpmcruiser Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2012
    United States
    I formated the drive to fat32 and it gives me the "No USB device found. Switching to channel list mode." message, so I'm having a problem sort of similar to your's