Homebrew Homebrew app USB Loader GX file corruption?

LGPlayer13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a new 128 GB Sandisk Flash Drive recently, and it's giving me problems with USB Loader GX specifically. One example is that when I load ULGX, it gets to the default main menu screen but doesn't show any games, buttons, or text. It's literally the menu with nothing in it. When I turned off my Wii a few minutes after and unplugged the flash drive, I looked at the folder for ULGX and found these... files. Even worse, when I try to delete them, Windows gives me an error, telling me the files are system files, which makes me scared to delete them. I'm completely lost and unsure of how to get this simple app to work correctly. I've formatted this stupid thing more times than I can count and it's driving me nuts. Is there a fix for this? (Also, I'm not using an SD Card of any kind. I'm only using the Flash Drive I mentioned at the start.)
1688272804084.png
1688272685527.png

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: morning_glory

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
HDD W/Fat32 is great :)
USB Flash drives with WBFS partition is also great (almost as successful as HDD W/Fat32).

You will always get some games failing. Reality sucks :(

Only a few Flash drives work properly with Fat32. The bigger the Flash drive the less Fat32 compatible :(

SSD is another option.

LGPlayer13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HDD W/Fat32 is great :)
USB Flash drives with WBFS partition is also great (almost as successful as HDD W/Fat32).

You will always get some games failing. Reality sucks :(

Only a few Flash drives work properly with Fat32. The bigger the Flash drive the less Fat32 compatible :(

SSD is another option.
i'm currenly using a 128 GB USB flash drive atm (like you said, partially works), although i'm thinking of replacements because today the entire got corrupted after a usb loader crashed on me, so i had to format it again. it's definitely pissing me off quite a bit. i could try to get an HDD of a similar size soon, hopefully it has better results.

Reactions: jeannotte

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Give my suggestions a go. WBFS formatting is a good way to go (minus the minor inconveniences).
Just remember to fill-up with your games in one go. Deleting & adding games at a later stage will create issues. Adding alone seems fine.
If you like I can post you my link (gba naturally) to my findings/testing.
It's all about the bigger success. Stay calm & educate yourself.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright