Hacking USB Loader GX doesnt mount my USB drive...

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey

Why doesnt USB Loader GX mount my USB drive? I mean WiiXplorer, MPlayer and other applications see it so Its kinda difficult to understand why only USB Loader GX doesnt mount it....

Any alternatives to USB Loader GX that offer similar compatability?

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a bit hard to give advice with not much info. What is happening? Errors, etc? There are a handful of alternatives to GX. Try the Configurable Loader found in the forums.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea man, you have to be doing something wrong.

is your hdd portioned?
mplayer and other programs search for the fat32 portion of your hdd.

usb loader search for the wbfs portion of your drive.

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EtherealX said:
It's a bit hard to give advice with not much info. What is happening? Errors, etc? There are a handful of alternatives to GX. Try the Configurable Loader found in the forums.
It simply says "Waiting for your slow USB drive" gives a count down and goes back to System Menu

FenrirWolf said:
Try switching USB ports.
Tried on both

QUOTE(xzxero @ Aug 8 2009, 08:08 AM)

is your hdd portioned?

The whole drive is WBFS.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
riahc3 said:
EtherealX said:
It simply says "Waiting for your slow USB drive" gives a count down and goes back to System Menu

FenrirWolf said:
Try switching USB ports.
Tried on both

QUOTE(xzxero @ Aug 8 2009, 08:08 AM)

is your hdd portioned?

The whole drive is WBFS.

just curious but how can other apps see your hard drive MPlayer CE for example when the program it self doesnt look for a WBFS but only FAT.

its definitly a user error as u sed the whole drive is WBFS and GX doesnt see it yet MplayerCE can even who it doesnt support WBFS?????????

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
eeef said:
I'm getting the exact same thing if anyone can help.

simply connect your HDD to your pc and format it to FAT32 but dont do a quick format then go HERE then install it, you also may need .net framework from microsoft if you dont have it on your pc.

run the program select the correct drive letter at the top(MAKE SURE YOU NO WHICH DRIVE IS YOUR HDD) then hit format.

your drive should be now ready to use with usb loaders.

just connect it to your wii and your away

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
just curious but how can other apps see your hard drive MPlayer CE for example when the program it self doesnt look for a WBFS but only FAT.

its definitly a user error as u sed the whole drive is WBFS and GX doesnt see it yet MplayerCE can even who it doesnt support WBFS?????????
Sorry didnt state that right.

My USB drive formatted as FAT is read (and recognized) by MPlayer CE and WiiXplorer and other applications.
My USB drive formatted as WBFS is NOT read (or not recognized) in NeoGamma and USB Loader GX.

Using PrixM's WBFS GUI Version 1.2.4, I formatted the whole drive to WBFS and loaded it with 2 games.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sure-fire way of properly formatting is what Pepxl mentioned above. Full (not quick) format to FAT the entire drive. THEN create your two partitions (you should make WBFS your first/disk0 partition.) Using the Wii to format it is very hit or miss for a lot of people.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
riahc3 said:
pepxl said:

Sorry didnt state that right.

My USB drive formatted as FAT is read (and recognized) by MPlayer CE and WiiXplorer and other applications.
My USB drive formatted as WBFS is NOT read (or not recognized) in NeoGamma and USB Loader GX.

Using PrixM's WBFS GUI Version 1.2.4, I formatted the whole drive to WBFS and loaded it with 2 games.

a WBFS fornat is only recognised by USB loaders and WBFS managers that why it wont be recognised by other apps or windows and mac.

you will most likely have an unsupported HDD, have you checked the compatibility list to see if your HDD is on it.

the only way to have a WBFS partition and a FAT32 partition it to split the HDD in 2 partitions iwth e.g. Partition Magic 8 and making sure then are set to Active and Primary and formatining 1 FAT32 and the other WBFS

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:

is your hdd portioned?

Well, the latest revision will NOT mount my HD either, and I *know* I am not doing anything wrong
smile.gif
Something obviously broke in a big way with the latest GX. I tried rev549 and it mounted the drive fine. I guess as a GX user you kind of have to get used to flip-flopping around different previous revs to get one that didn't break something that you use
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
xzxero said:

is your hdd portioned?

Well, the latest revision will NOT mount my HD either, and I *know* I am not doing anything wrong
smile.gif
Something obviously broke in a big way with the latest GX. I tried rev549 and it mounted the drive fine. I guess as a GX user you kind of have to get used to flip-flopping around different previous revs to get one that didn't break something that you use
smile.gif

right right, well maybe this guy should switch his usb loader then to see if its his loader or hdd

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
riahc3 said:
Trying WBFS Manager 3.0

Lets see if that formats it correctly and makes USB Loader GX mount it...

i already suggeted u use WBFS Manager in my previous post but hey....................

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
riahc3 said:
Trying WBFS Manager 3.0

Lets see if that formats it correctly and makes USB Loader GX mount it...

i already suggeted u use WBFS Manager in my previous post but hey....................
....Im trying it because you suggested it....

?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: