Amanuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try another SD, or format it?

I don't know why it's doesn't delete it if it says it does.
I'll check the deletion code.

And it asks to copy to SD even if you already have the game on SD?
That's strange too. it should list the game on SD, not the one on USB, unless you explicitely told the loader to list only games on USB!

Settings > Loader settings > Gamecube section > Gamecube source : Auto !
(do not set only to "main path" or it will always list only the main path, not the SD path)

Originally the game was on USB and I wanted to play it from there, but when it asked to copy to SD I didn't really care. I assumed it was mandatory. The setting is also already at auto, and the SD it already at the right format. Like I said, I already copied before, just now it's being dumb.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It depends which MIOS you have installed.

DIOS MIOS = mandatory to have games on USB.
DIOS MIOS Lite = mandatory to have games on SD.

That's why if you try to launch a game located on USB while you have DML installed, it tells you that you need to copy the game to SD first.
Once done, it reloads the game list based on your settings (so, if you told the loader to display only USB, it will still tells you that you can't run the game from here and you need to have it on SD)

use the "Auto" setting, it will detect the MIOS version and will display the games location accordingly.

DIOS MIOS = List games on USB, if not on USB it will list the one on SD.
DIOS MIOS Lite = List the games on SD, if not on SD it will list the one on USB and will ask to copy to SD if on USB.

Amanuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends which MIOS you have installed.

DIOS MIOS = mandatory to have games on USB.
DIOS MIOS Lite = mandatory to have games on SD.

That's why if you try to launch a game located on USB while you have DML installed, it tells you that you need to copy the game to SD first.
Once done, it reloads the game list based on your settings (so, if you told the loader to display only USB, it will still tells you that you can't run the game from here and you need to have it on SD)

use the "Auto" setting, it will detect the MIOS version and will display the games location accordingly.

DIOS MIOS = List games on USB, if not on USB it will list the one on SD.
DIOS MIOS Lite = List the games on SD, if not on SD it will list the one on USB and will ask to copy to SD if on USB.

Ok well I went and manually copied the game onto my SD since it was being a butt, and now we're at the green screen/ black screen situation. Lord Jesus if I get through this I will be a changed man.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really don't understand why it's so complicated for users to make DM work.

- Install BC V6 if you have BC V4
- install the 2.10 wad (DM if you want games on USB, DML if you want games on SD)
- copy iso to sd:/games/<whatever you want>/game.iso
- launch DMBooter
- play games

You seems to have correctly setup everything (hardware is correctly formated and partitionned, games are correctly named and in correct folders).
If you don't understand how to use one of the fancy loaders (Wiiflow/CFG/USBGX), use DMBooter which is minimalist and only has game list and settings.

Use component cable (not composite).
Set your wii settings in 480p
Set DML video option to auto, or force the video mode based on the game's region
it should fix most greenscreen issue.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DIOSMIOS 2.10.wad attached, (Note) USB Version / Note Lite SD

(Note) You can only use the USB in port 0 , IE first USB port at bottom.

Hopefully you should not have issues on USB, Note once installed you can not run it of SD, until you reinstall DIOSMIOSLite 2.10.wad

Attachments

• DIOSMIOS 2.10.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 177

Amanuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand why it's so complicated for users to make DM work.

- Install BC V6 if you have BC V4
- install the 2.10 wad (DM if you want games on USB, DML if you want games on SD)
- copy iso to sd:/games/<whatever you want>/game.iso
- launch DMBooter
- play games

You seems to have correctly setup everything (hardware is correctly formated and partitionned, games are correctly named and in correct folders).
If you don't understand how to use one of the fancy loaders (Wiiflow/CFG/USBGX), use DMBooter which is minimalist and only has game list and settings.

Use component cable (not composite).
Set your wii settings in 480p
Set DML video option to auto, or force the video mode based on the game's region
it should fix most greenscreen issue.

Ok I'm using DMBooter and it is like you said very simple. Right now I don't have access to any composite cables, which means I can't go into 480p mode. I tried to make DMBooter force NTSC 480i (which it is stuck on) but it still gives me a green screen.

Amanuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you tried all video modes and all of them gives you green screen, then I don't know what else I can suggest. Sorry.

Thank you for sticking with me through this, as I believe the solution would require the cables, I rather ordered the Mayflash GC Controller Adpapter for PC. I now emulate on my PC instead. Thanks for helping! (someone close the thread please)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end