USB Loader GX bugging out?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Luketheman5, Sep 23, 2010.

Sep 23, 2010
  1. Luketheman5
    OP

Newcomer Luketheman5 Member

Australia
    I recently installed the USB Loader GX to my Wii. I can play many backups just fine but invested in a USB loader to save discs etc. Most of the discs work fine but for example, in Metroid Prime 3 they eventually bug out, freeze and do not work. Is there a reason for this? Any CIOS or options I can do to make the loader work perfectly?

Edit: Ok every single game boots, it's just during playing that they eventually freeze which is annoying.

I am using a highly recommended HDD that doesn't freeze or something. So what's going on?!

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    When a game is not working, the first thing to do is go to the release topic of that game.
    Read it, and see if you are the only one with these errors, or if it's due to the game.

If the game needs a particular setting, you will find it by reading the release topic.

Another method : check the compatibility here.

hint : both the games you asked needs special settings, and then will work fine on UsbLoaderGX.

3. Luketheman5
    OP

Australia
    Are you sure? I searched. I start a new game and land my ship, go to do calibration and then I talk to the soldier and he just says "Admiral" over and over and over. I press A and the game freezes. I don't think this problem is common? All I can see is the no disc in drive issue.

I did get Monster Hunter working, thanks!

Edit: Ok every single game boots, it's just during playing that they eventually freeze which is annoying.

I am using a highly recommended HDD that doesn't freeze or something. So what's going on?!

So far I have tried Metroid Prime 3 and Tales of Symphonia 2 and they both freeze at the same spots. Metroid has the problem above, ToS just goes to a black screen and that's it. Do I need to install some CIOS or something?

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    did you removed the sleep timer of your HDD ?

I think mariokart have this issue too, so you can test with this game.
    When doing the race, the HDD is not accessed anymore, so it goes to sleep. But when you end the race, the Wii don't send instruction to wake the HDD up, resulting in a freeze/blackscreen.

You can also try to put the game in pause for a few minutes.

You can try Hermes cIOS, I think they prevent HDD sleep state.
    but maybe recent cIOSx do the same thing ?

If it's not the sleep state, then maybe there's a problem with your copy, or wirh the transfer ?
    The games should work fine and freeze at all.

remember, USBloaderGX works best with cIOS rev17 (WBFS), and Hermes v4 (all format).
    It can work with above revisions, but they are currently not recommended.

5. Luketheman5
    OP

Australia
    I used a proper retail disc for both that plays fine normally so I don't understand why it would be the copy. I'll try those cIOS

I installed CIOS 17 and Hermes 222 and ToS2 won't even boot. it just loads to a black screen and won't play games.