USB Loader GX Black Screen when Loading Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Bazel, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Bazel
    OP

Bazel Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2014
    United States
    Diamond Bar, California
    I installed USB Loader GX on my Wii and used it for some times. Everything worked fine, all the games I tried worked, and everything was fine and dandy. But one day, for no apparent reason, whenever I load a game, it'll be stuck at a black screen, and I would have to hold the power button to turn it off. However, Mario Party 9 still works for whatever reason...Does anyone know how to fix this or does anyone have the same problem as me?

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    What is the partition format of your drive?
    if it's WBFS, did you install a game before the issue?
    WBFS format is corrupting existing games, so use FAT32 instead.

if it's already FAT32, how many games did you try?

3. 466

466 yes, it says 466

Mar 28, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Earth
  4. Bazel
    OP

Bazel Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2014
    United States
    Diamond Bar, California
    I formatted the drive to WBFS using WBFS Manger 3.0, and how do i use USB Loader GX with FAT32 format?

5. Bazel
    OP

Bazel Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2014
    United States
    Diamond Bar, California
    Oh yeah, and the first time I noticed USB Loader GX acting weird was when I tried to back up Mario Kart Wii. It would get stuck at a random percent and I would have to reset the console. This happened not long after I backed up Skyward Sword.

6. 466

466 yes, it says 466

Mar 28, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Earth
    As long as your games are on the wbfs folder, it will work. Transfer the wbfs folder to your PC. Go to (My) Computer, right click on the hard drive and hit format. Make sure it's formatted to FAT32. Transfer the wbfs folder back, done.

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    use wbfs2fat (link and guide in my signature) to convert your WBFS partition format to FAT32.
    The currently (already) corrupted and non working games will still be corupted and won't work on FAT32.
    You will have to re-dump your games.

WBFS format is unstable and easilly corrupted without you noticing. You notice it if it affects the launch process, but you will not notice it if it affect a specific place in the game (missing area, map, stage, music, etc.) until the game try to load it.

1. convert your WBFS to FAT32
    2. use WiiBackupManager to manage your games on your HDD. (whether you decide to keep WBFS format or not) WBFS Manager is the one who corrupt the games.
    3. in WiiBackupManager, you can check if your game is corrupted. Select the game > option > Sha1