Hacking USB Loader GX - Angry Birds Trilogy Wii Black Screen

DarkIdiot07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I bought this wii 3 years ago and shelfed it. Now I got some interest in playing with it again. I softmodded it, and downloaded some backup games. Most of my games works except for this game. My little sister requested to download this so this is a bit important to me.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's probably an issue with that game. maybe the iso is corrupted ?
or if it's a different region than your console, you might have to play with the video mode option.
if you are on PAL wii, set video mode to "disc default" (to use NTSC if the game is NTSC, PAL if the game is PAL)
if you are on a NTSC-U wii, usa often don't have TVs compatible with PAL and you need to force NTSC instead (for480p ntsc)
if you are on NTSC-J, some games might not work at all due to different font and text.

note that you should use component cable (5 plugs) instead of composite (3 plugs) for a better video compatibility, even more if you use game from other region.

Also, be sure you didn't installed d2x r53 (this one has game compatibility issues!). Latest is not always better. use r52 base57 instead.

Last edited by Cyan,

DarkIdiot07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure that the iso isn't the problem because I have downloaded it several times and get the same results. It is an NTSC-U. And I use d2x r52 base 57. I don't have 5 plug rca for my wii and it's not that easy to get it here on my place.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also it shows no animation on the game select screen. It shows the WII with static on its background and when I select it it shows black and plays no sound like the other games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you can't even see or load the animated banner, it's more certainly a bad ISO.
you should verify the iso with Wit (wit verify filename), or with WiiBackupManager's sha1 option. verify the file already on your device if the file on PC is good.

So, verify the game with Wit or WBM. if the game is good, try another loader (wiiflow, with game on usb not SD).
maybe another setting than the video mode is important? but the banner should work fine in the loader and only the game would not work if it was a setting issue.

maybe that game had a bad dump, and lot of websites provides it without even testing what they share.
there's usually a "good dump" or "fix" or "proper" release when it happens. but that's only when you find official dumps, not randomly hosted files with renamed filenames.

let's check the existing "official" releases :

| 31/10/2013 | NFO | NUKED Angry.Birds.Star.Wars.Pal.Wii.Scrubbed.887Mb.Internal-SCRUBS |
| 31/10/2013 | NFO | Angry_Birds_Star_Wars_PAL_Wii-WiiERD |
| 30/10/2013 | NFO | Angry_Birds_Star_Wars_USA_WII-VIMTO |
| 26/08/2013 | NFO | NUKED Angry.Birds.Trilogy.Pal.Wii.Scrubbed.937Mb.Internal-SCRUBS |
| 21/08/2013 | NFO | Angry_Birds_Trilogy_PAL_WII-VIMTO |
| 15/08/2013 | NFO | Angry_Birds_Trilogy_USA_WII-KDZ

Like you can see, there are 2 "NUKED" version, which means they are not working, or are not following the official dump rule (here they are apparently nuked because they were released as scrubbed version, modified iso).
it doesn't seem that there are any nuke reason for "bad dump".
if you want to be sure your game is good, verify it's "Wii-KDZ" version.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far