Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
then that's your problem.
HUB are working only with IOS57 and IOS58.
using a base37 or base53 will not work with hubs. (at least, it shouldn't, but it's always worth a try)

If you need 2 USB port to plug 2 accessories, I'd suggest you launch the game from SD card, and using wiiflow or CFG Loader. That way, you can use base53 or 37 (the one that works better for you), because you can't use base57 for hub support if base57 doesn't work with that game.
It would have been better if the game worked with IOS57, using d2x base57 would allow you to use HUB to plug both mic/drum on port1.

actually, did you try base57 or base58 ? I don't remember seeing a report from you with these bases.

Test 1)
hardware setup
USB Port 0 : hdd
USB Port 1 : hub with mic+drum

software setup:
d2x v8 final base57 : works ? doesn't work ?
d2x v8 final base58 : works ? doesn't work ?

Test 2)
USB Port 0 : Mic
USB Port 1 : Drum (or reverse order port0/1)
game on SD, use wiiflow/CFG Loader
d2x v8 final base37 : works ? doesn't work ?
d2x v8 final base53 : works ? doesn't work ?
Which base that game officially requests? (look in wii backup manager)
any other base?

Last edited by Cyan,

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok let me try it with that setup.

I just try beta52 with base53 and the mic work, it also work with base37

Both tested with the hub.

Only the drum doesnt work.

then that's your problem.
HUB are working only with IOS57 and IOS58.
using a base37 or base53 will not work with hubs. (at least, it shouldn't, but it's always worth a try)

If you need 2 USB port to plug 2 accessories, I'd suggest you launch the game from SD card, and using wiiflow or CFG Loader. That way, you can use base53 or 37 (the one that works better for you), because you can't use base57 for hub support if base57 doesn't work with that game.
It would have been better if the game worked with IOS57, using d2x base57 would allow you to use HUB to plug both mic/drum on port1.

actually, did you try base57 or base58 ? I don't remember seeing a report from you with these bases.

Test 1)
hardware setup
USB Port 0 : hdd
USB Port 1 : hub with mic+drum

software setup:
d2x v8 final base57 : works ? doesn't work ?
d2x v8 final base58 : works ? doesn't work ?

Test 2)
USB Port 0 : Mic
USB Port 1 : Drum (or reverse order port0/1)
game on SD, use wiiflow/CFG Loader
d2x v8 final base37 : works ? doesn't work ?
d2x v8 final base53 : works ? doesn't work ?
any other base?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it means it doesn't work with the hub if it can't find both accessories on the hub.
did you try to plug only the drum to leave out the possibility the drum is broken ?

Last edited by Cyan,

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe the drum is broken, the dongle led blue light is blinking and the 4 led of the drum is blinking, when I press sync button on dongle, led blue light on dongle stop blinking for couple of seconds, while the 4 led on drum still blinking and after a min the 4 leds go off and the led on dongle continue blinking.

I just test d2x v8 base 57 and 58:
Base 57: mic doesnt work, drum doesnt work

Base 58: launching game make the wii restart.

Both tested with and without hub.

At this point, only beta 52/53 seem to work with base 37 / base 53 with and without hub. But only the mic work, not the drum..

Maybe my drum is broken, how I can test it ? Maybe if I get a disc of rock band ?

it means it doesn't work with the hub if it can't find both accessories on the hub.
did you try to plug only the drum to leave out the possibility the drum is broken ?

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you try to connect only the drum ?
do you have another game to test the drum ? (donkeykong konga? Taiko no tatsujin? are they compatible?)

I try rock band lego and rock band 3 with drum only, not working, I think it is the drum, the dongle I use it is not his original, I just bought the ion drum kit, which is wired, will see if it work :)

Does exist a list of which games must be launch with which base ios ?

Which cios I need to have full compatibility ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, there's no list.
Most games work with base57.
only 3 games need different base :

Animal Crossing new leaf : cIOS base38 to use the keyboard. (57 is fine if you don't want the keyboard)
spongebob boating bash : cIOS base53 (tested on Wii) or 58 (tested on vWii)
rock band ? base 37 ? 53 ? give us your result when you have the working base. Also, please, check the "official" requested IOS slot with wii backup manager.
Maybe make a search for this game on the forum to see other user's setup.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your report.
So, it was a defective accessory ? you tried with a new one?

To make it more simple for other users looking at the solution, here is the final setup:

Port 0 : HDD
Port 1 : HUB, drum + Mic
d2x v8 final base 37, or d2x v10 r52 base 37

You can install that cIOS in an empty slot above 230, for example slot248.
If you prefer you can use slot237 too looks like "237 has base 37", the same way as "IOS236 is based on IOS 36".
But, don't do that for all bases, it's not possible and is even useless to have all existing bases for no reasons.

Go to your loader's game settings and edit the IOS used by that game to match the slot you installed it.
Plug the accessories before launching the game (there is no ingame plug'n'play support).

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Cecilmax

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats right, yes it was a deffective accesories.

To make it more simple for other users looking at the solution, here is the final setup:

If you prefer you can use slot237 too looks like "237 has base 37", the same way as "IOS236 is based on IOS 36".
But, don't do that for all bases, it's not possible and is even useless to have all existing bases for no reasons.

Go to your loader's game settings and edit the IOS used by that game to match the slot you installed it.
Plug the accessories before launching the game (there is no ingame plug'n'play support).

Reactions: Cyan

Adix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This setup doesnt work for me with We Sing '80s, Rock or Pop usbloader nor wiflow latest versions. Mics are ok with original disc. Any hint?!

Thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you have only the mic, or both accessories at the same time?
is the drum working?
do you use a HUB?
Did you try the HUB with the original discs? can you confirm the hub is compatible?
you said "mics", you have 2 mics, and using hub to plug boths? none are working?
do you plug them before launching the game? is the hub self powered or externally powered?
which cIOS version/revision/base are you using?
I'll assume you properly plugged the hdd in port0.

Did you install the base37 in any slot?
did you USE that slot? installing is it useless if you don't actually make any use of it.
Most musical games work fine with base57, no need to install base37 (at least, you usually don't need. but I don't have these games to confirm, up to you to test and report if it makes any improvement for future users finding this forum's thread). maybe base37 is for specific hub, or the ion set? more report the better :)

as always, when someone want helps I need my
crystalball1-gif.200182

why it's always "it doesn't work ! find another solution" but no information of what is not working, nor which setup or hardware of software version you are using?
at least, you said the "mics" (both at the same time?) are working with original discs, so it's a cIOS/loader issues, not defective mic. but it can be a HUB issue, you didn't tell whether you had one or not, or if you used it when playing from disc. *crystal ball*

Last edited by Cyan,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have that info, I'm taking it!
if it's a base info, only if they are not working with both 56 AND 57. (if it works with only of the bases, it's useful to know)
if it's a hardware setup, it'll be useful in the comment column.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Adix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I dont have a hub and I use a mic at a time in port 1. The hdd is on port0. I have tested a disc with two mics and now im sure the hardware are ok.

The sw config by syscheck:
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176)
System Menu 4.3E (v514)
Boot2 v4
BC v6
MIOS v10

IOS237[37] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0

usbloader_gx .0 r1272

Ive tried default and 237 and 251 on loading We Sing 80's, We sing rock and We sing Pop. No mic detected.

We sing 2 works with default boot.

Reactions: Alexander1970

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello.:)

Do you maybe want a List of the Singing (and Guitar) Games and on which Configuration they (Microphones) work with USBLoader GX ?

Thank you.:)

if you have that info, I'm taking it!
if it's a base info, only if they are not working with both 56 AND 57. (if it works with only of the bases, it's useful to know)
if it's a hardware setup, it'll be useful in the comment column.
i need to add something
rock band 3 works with base57 but it wont detect any mic (im using standard logitech mic), so to get the full rock band 3 experince i suggest using base56

just in case anyone interested on my setup
hdd on port 0
ethernet adapter + usb hub on port 1 (as a bonus it also works with wii u)
https://www.ugreen.com.cn/products/...thernet-adapter?_pos=270&_sid=4977e1552&_ss=r

i only have guitar hero controller & drum, so i just plug all three mic on usb hub for vocal harmonies on rock band 3

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for confirming 57 is not working :)

@Cecilmax, if you see this, could you confirm that your Ion kit doesn't work with 56?
i'd prefer to not push users using base37 if base56 works fine.
Thank you :)

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: