Hacking Usb loader gx and mic + drum

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I try to play rock band from usb loader gx on hdd and the game doesnt detect mic and wii drum doesnt sync with dongle, I try to use with and without hub, same result, what I am missing ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why do you give him only random and half help?
telling "IOS222/223" is so much useless without proper information of what it is, why use it, which version, which base, or how to install them, etc.
he even asked if he could install them using d2x and you weren't capable of answering him. he asked for compatibility, you answer "NAND access" which has nothing to do with game compatibility.

It's too bad you don't give proper help and just some words, even more when it's not the (only) solution.

Some games need specific cIOS base and version.
Some games require that you plug the USB devices before launching the loader or the game.

Did you try a d2x v8 final base 57 ? which loader version ? which cIOS version, base, slot etc.
How are you plugging the accessories? which port ? any HUB ? when do you plug them ? etc.
please, provide as much description as you can.
if you don't know what you currently have, follow a syscheck guide in my signature and post the result here.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: bc732

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why do you give him only random and half help?
telling "IOS222/223" is so much useless without proper information of what it is, why use it, which version, which base, or how to install them, etc.
he even asked if he could install them using d2x and you weren't capable of answering him. he asked for compatibility, you answer "NAND access" which has nothing to do with game compatibility.

It's too bad you don't give proper help and just some words, even more when it's not the (only) solution.

Some games need specific cIOS base and version.
Some games require that you plug the USB devices before launching the loader or the game.

Did you try a d2x v8 final base 57 ?
How are you plugging the accessories?

thanks :) yes I did install d2x v8 base 57, I plug hdd on usb 0 and mic on usb 1 before launching the game with usb loader gx and the game saying it doesnt detect the usb logitech mic..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
having d2x v8 base57 is not enough, you need to tell the game to use it.
If your base57 is in slot 250, you need to edit the game setting to "IOS : 250"
if your base57 is in another slot, set the setting to the corresponding slot.

it's possible this game don't like base57 nor base56, and work only with base38 or 37.
you'll have to install a d2x with that base in another slot (for example the unused 248 slot) and set that game to use slot248 to test it.

Slot22x are generally used by "hermes cIOS" (it's a different kind of cIOS, not d2x).
these hermes cIOS are v4 and v5, and usually installed using base37, 38, or even a mixed 37+38.
that's the reason some games are working with "222", not because they are located in slot 222, but because hermes cIOS don't use base56 or 57, but 37 or 38.
if you install d2x with base 37 or 38 in slot 248, it will have the same compatibility.
So, first, try slot with base57.
then, try d2x with another base (37 first, then 38, then 58 maybe? for example, 38 is required for animal crossing new leaf USB keyboard, 53 or 58 is requires for sponge bob)
Most games work with a cIOS based on IOS57, but not all. very few games need a different base IOS (animal crossing, sponge bob.... maybe your game too? which will make the list at 3 over more than 1000 games) and you need to install AND USE the specific cIOS[base] for that game.

*giving information as much as I can to teach, instead of random numbers*

If it doesn't work with 56 nor 57, and works with another base, please report here so it will benefit to other users too :)
if no d2x base are working, then we will move to using hermes cIOS for test. Shadow#1 is not wrong, just missing information and direction for you to follow to prevent doing something wrong.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Cecilmax

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

it's possible this game don't like base57 nor base56, and work only with base38 or 37.
you'll have to install a d2x with that base in another slot (for example the unused 248 slot) and set that game to use slot248 to test it.

Slot22x are generally used by "hermes cIOS" (it's a different kind of cIOS, not d2x).
these hermes cIOS are v4 and v5, and usually installed using base37, 38, or even a mixed 37+38.
that's the reason some games are working with "222", not because they are located in slot 222, but because hermes cIOS don't use base56 or 57, but 37 or 38.
if you install d2x with base 37 or 38 in slot 248, it will have the same compatibility.
then, try d2x with another base (37 first, 35 maybe? 35 is required for animal crossing new leaf USB keyboard, for example)

If it doesn't work with 56 nor 57, and works with another base, please report here so it will benefit to other users too :)
if no d2x base are working, then we will move to using hermes cIOS for test. Shadow#1 is not wrong, just missing information and direction for you to follow to prevent doing something wrong.
Usb loader gx use cios 58 ? On which slot ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USBLoaderGX can use IOS58 (not cIOS58), by changing in the setting the "loader's IOS" to 58.
it will tell the loader to use IOS slot 58 while inside the loader's interface. it will not be used to play games.

If you want a cIOS based on IOS 58, you can !
use d2x installer to install d2x v8 final base 58 in an empty slot (that base is often installed in slot 251, but you can pick any slot from 230 to 253).
once installed, edit the USBLoaderGX's individual game settings to IOS : <slot number where you installed the d2x based on IOS 58>

Try this base58 with your game too.
Do not use a cIOS base58 by default for all your games, a lot of games are not working with base58 and will just blackscreen.

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
USBLoaderGX can use IOS58 (not cIOS58), by changing in the setting the "loader's IOS" to 58.
it will tell the loader to use IOS slot 58 while inside the loader's interface. it will not be used to play games.

use d2x installer to install d2x v8 final base 58 in an empty slot (that base is often installed in slot 251, but you can pick any slot from 230 to 253).
once installed, edit the USBLoaderGX's individual game settings to IOS : <slot number where you installed the d2x based on IOS 58>

Do not use a cIOS base58 by default for all your games, a lot of games are not working with base58 and will just blackscreen.

I followed this guide, now I have ios 37 in slot 224, but when I load rock band game and specified 224 I have a black screen...
http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I just try d2x beta53 with 37 on 248 and set usb loader gx default to use 58 for loader and 249 for game default, and I specified to use 248 to launch lego rock band and it work! I dont see the message said it doesnt detect the microphone :)

then, try d2x with another base (37 first, then 38, then 58 maybe? for example, 38 is required for animal crossing new leaf USB keyboard, 53 or 58 is requires for sponge bob)
Most games work with a cIOS based on IOS57, but not all. very few games need a different base IOS (animal crossing, sponge bob.... maybe your game too? which will make the list at 3 over more than 1000 games) and you need to install AND USE the specific cIOS[base] for that game.

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Note: it work but it doesnt support hot swap, if we try to unplug the microphone and plugged it again, we have to restart the game.

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now mic work but I still cant sync drum with the dongle, any idea ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hot swap is a beta feature of d2x r53 and was never fully implemented.
Beta 53 is unstable and creates issues with hardware and software.

I recommend you use r52 (base37, as you found base37 is working) and don't hotswap or unplug USB while playing.
Though, you said it doesn't detect the microphone/drum? did you try another base?

did you try base53 (NOT beta 53, but d2x beta52 with base53) ?
Animal crossing new leaf requires that base to work with the plugged USB accessory. the microphone/drum is USB too, right ? or using another plug type like wiimote plugged?
Do you need 2 USB ports?

Last edited by Cyan,

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I will try base53 with beta52 I use two usb port, hdd on port 0 and usb hub on port 1, then I plug mic and wii drum usb dongle on the hub.

Hot swap is a beta feature of d2x r53 and was never fully implemented.
Beta 53 is unstable and creates issues with hardware and software.

I recommend you use r52 (base37, as you found base37 is working) and don't hotswap or unplug USB while playing.
Though, you said it doesn't detect the microphone/drum? did you try another base?

did you try base53 (NOT beta 53, but d2x beta52 with base53) ?
Animal crossing new leaf requires that base to work with the plugged USB accessory. the microphone/drum is USB too, right ? or using another plug type like wiimote plugged?
Do you need 2 USB ports?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning