Hacking USB Loader GX 3.0 Won't Recognize Multiple Partitions

Do you use an external hard drive to play back ups or multiple USBs?

• External Hard Drive

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Multiple USBs (one usb)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bowser369

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aryion.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a Seagate Back Up + Slim 3.0/2.0 1TB external Hard Drive. I have A WBFS partition of 700GB and a FAT32 231GB partition on the drive. I use WBFS Manager 3.0 to load games onto the 700GB partition and I simply drag and drop GC ISOs into the FAT32 Partition. USB Loader GX recognizes the WBFS parition but not the FAT32 partition. Is there a way I should add GC ISOs to my FAT32 partition? The method I am using is the same method I used when I played Gamecube ISO from a USB (8gb). The Gamecube ISO has been optimized with DMLizard.

Attachments

• FAT32_partition.png
    FAT32_partition.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 413

bowser369

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aryion.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 1TB Toshiba Canvio Slim II, formatted it as FAT32 with 32k Clusters. I use Wii Backup Manager 0.4.5 to transfer Wii ISOs to it. I drag n' drop Optimized DMLizard GC ISOs into it. Both of which play just fine

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you transfer everything over you should try reformatting the Seagate the same way you formatted the Toshiba, just to see if it works. Most of the time it's not the harddrive, but how it's formatted that causes the issue. Especially if your FAT32 partion wasn't the Primary partition, or set as Active. -- You could still have a perfectly good "Wii-capable" harddrive on your hands.

There's an option on USB Loader GX that's lets you choose ALL partitions which should've allowed both partitions to be viewed. But you might've still had issues trying to get the GC ISO's to run since most GC loaders need the partition, with the GC games on it, to be both Primary and Active, as well as being FAT32 with 32kb clusters.

Last edited by portugeek,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water