Hacking USB Loader GUI-FX

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi maddoc, thx fot this long awaited update, Now I can clean my HDD and make a FAT Partition on it. I have a 320gb Buffalo USB, what is a good size for making the FAT Partition on it? When I use the installer, and choose USB for installing, does it intstall the Loader on my USB-HDD or my SD-Card ?

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
everytime I go into the config, and go back from the config with "B", I get a Stack Dump Error ;(.

...and my NTSC Games wont work with this Loader, others do
frown.gif

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maddoc, thanks for the Config update to RC8, works great!

One thing now, I use the Wad to access the program, and it used to be that when you wanted to exit, clicking Loader would send you back to the Wii Menu and Wii Menu would restart your whole Wii (disc spin, Preloader, Warning, etc), but now Loader Code Dumps for me and Wii Menu does what it did before. So in other words, now you have to reboot the whole Wii to exit, and cannot do a simple return to Wii Menu. Can that be adjusted?

Thanks for everything - love it!

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
j0k3r said:
hi maddoc, thx fot this long awaited update, Now I can clean my HDD and make a FAT Partition on it. I have a 320gb Buffalo USB, what is a good size for making the FAT Partition on it? When I use the installer, and choose USB for installing, does it intstall the Loader on my USB-HDD or my SD-Card ?

250MB for gui-fx to be on the safe side. then add any other needs you have.
USB is checked first and if present is used for installation, if you want to be sure, take the SD card out.

j0k3r said:
everytime I go into the config, and go back from the config with "B", I get a Stack Dump Error ;(.

...and my NTSC Games wont work with this Loader, others do
frown.gif

I can not reproduce that error. Using some custom bg.png?
What NTSC games do not work?

QUOTE(IlluminiX @ May 14 2009, 06:20 PM)
Maddoc, thanks for the Config update to RC8, works great!

One thing now, I use the Wad to access the program, and it used to be that when you wanted to exit, clicking Loader would send you back to the Wii Menu and Wii Menu would restart your whole Wii (disc spin, Preloader, Warning, etc), but now Loader Code Dumps for me and Wii Menu does what it did before. So in other words, now you have to reboot the whole Wii to exit, and cannot do a simple return to Wii Menu. Can that be adjusted?

Thanks for everything - love it!

Wii menu does a reset to leave the console clean and nice.
Loader is only for loaders like HBC or loadmii etc. If launched from channel it will always codedump, it's normal.

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi Maddoc,

I dont have any Background installed. The Game that didnt run is Madworld NTSC, and it dont start on my PAL wii, only a pink Screen. With the USBLoader_GUi it worked.

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated covers on download server, 1561 classic covers and 1561 3D covers.

As usual here are the cover packs if you can't auto-download.

1561_covers_GUI-FX.zip 104.00 MB http://ul.to/vkmqg3
1561_3D_covers_GUI-FX.zip 96.25 MB http://ul.to/uxk6at

wattsy said:
Matching bg.png for anyone that wants it.
Thanks!

j0k3r said:
I dont have any Background installed. The Game that didnt run is Madworld NTSC, and it dont start on my PAL wii, only a pink Screen. With the USBLoader_GUi it worked.
Every NTSC game i tried worked fine, don't have madworld though. Any other ntsc games with problems?

QUOTE(jonnynapalm @ May 15 2009, 07:11 AM)
Configure menu? I don't mind having to do this procedure, but in this case, it does not appear to be possible for me (and others).

Just name an empty file "conf.smp" and put this file in your gui-fx folder. You will be able to enter config screen just by pressing A.

benny99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sorry for the noob wuestion, but I don't get it...

which is the correct directory structure for RC8? (I am having some problems with the installer) SD:/apps/gui-fx/boot.dol for the .dol itself, and for the covers? (the old "coperti" folder)

thanks since now!

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
\gui-fx\3dcovers - 3d covers
\gui-fx\clcovers - classic covers
\gui-fx\theme - for theme images
\gui-fx\block - for blocking games (gamecode.blk)
\gui-fx\ - _gui-fx.dol (not boot.dol) and config files

benny99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi and thanks,
I will try as soon as I'll be back home
smile.gif
But just another question: ok for covers/theme and block, but this I didn't understand:

maddoc said:
\gui-fx\ - _gui-fx.dol (not boot.dol) and config files

in the GUI-FX_1.0-RC8.rar archive there is a GUI-FX folder with boot.dol file inside. In your last post, were you referring to some other file? Or not?

Sorry for all those questions but I really like your loader, and I would like to have it running properly (also because it loads my games!!!!)

thanks again
B

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just install the channel, start it and it will install GUI-FX itself on USB (if FAT partition found) or SD.

just read the first page and watch the videos.

benny99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
maddoc said:
just install the channel, start it and it will install GUI-FX itself on USB (if FAT partition found) or SD.

just read the first page and watch the videos.

I've installed the channel, launched it but after downloading GUI-FX my wii reboots and I get nothing in my SD card (i want everything installed there so I keep my USB drive unconnected)
I saw the "Channel-Forwarder-Installer video" nd it's exactly what I get on my Wii, but after the reboot ... no changes (if I relaunch the channel it tries again to download the package), this is why I wanted to install via HBC (no wad) and "build" the directory structure by myself. Anyhow I will retry as soon as possible and post here my results

thanks again for support! and of course for the loader!
B

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benny99 said:
it's exactly what I get on my Wii, but after the reboot ... no changes (if I relaunch the channel it tries again to download the package)

If you want SD installation, keep just the SD card in your wii and disconnect the drive.

benny99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I tried again, unfortunately with the same results (I post them the same, maybe are useful for debugging):

- channel installation: wad installed OK, I launch it, doesn't find the GUI-FX folder, so it downloads it. Fine. After that, it reboots the Wii but no new folders in my app directory, no new app in HBC. If I relaunch the channel, it starts again from scratch (of course)

- app installed with the .dol file: it launches via HBC, I can access the info screen and the main screen, but no covers shown (as it was in RC7 for me). When I try to download them (even if I have already some - not shown at all - in the relative folders) I get a code dump

So I think I need to wait for next release? Or there is anything else I can try?

thanks since now

B

wazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I cant seem to get this from upload.to (it keeps spamming me with advers and never gives me the file)

are there any mirrors for the latest dol?

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benny99 said:
So I tried again, unfortunately with the same results (I post them the same, maybe are useful for debugging):

- channel installation: wad installed OK, I launch it, doesn't find the GUI-FX folder, so it downloads it. Fine. After that, it reboots the Wii but no new folders in my app directory, no new app in HBC. If I relaunch the channel, it starts again from scratch (of course)

- app installed with the .dol file: it launches via HBC, I can access the info screen and the main screen, but no covers shown (as it was in RC7 for me). When I try to download them (even if I have already some - not shown at all - in the relative folders) I get a code dump

So I think I need to wait for next release? Or there is anything else I can try?

thanks since now

B

You could put the switch on the SD card from lock (read only) to unlock...
Or reformat your SD card. There is for sure something fishy with it, no other reason for the loader to not work.

QUOTE(wazy @ May 16 2009, 02:40 PM) I cant seem to get this from upload.to (it keeps spamming me with advers and never gives me the file)

are there any mirrors for the latest dol?

http://rapidshare.com/files/233803858/GUI-FX_1.0-RC8.rar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts