Hacking USB Loader dump speed trick

moosh01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 other confirmations besides myself. Great it wasn't just me. Glad I could bring it to the rest of you!

caleb4god

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anybody actually tried playing their game after ripping it fast with this method? i tried mario kart twice and both times i pressed eject during the rip it would boot to the warning screen and thats it. works fine if i rip at regular speed. hell, it keeps rippin even after you've removed the disc...

moosh01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caleb4god said:
has anybody actually tried playing their game after ripping it fast with this method? i tried mario kart twice and both times i pressed eject during the rip it would boot to the warning screen and thats it. works fine if i rip at regular speed. hell, it keeps rippin even after you've removed the disc...
Edit: After more tests it seems that doing this will result in a bad dump to the hdd. It does seem that it worked when the dumping process was stalled for a long time. The game was playable in that instance only, not when I just hit eject to try and speed it up. Sorry for the confusion.
wacko.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I discovered this as well last night but didn't post it since it created bad dumps for every game I tried. I just use the windows dumper when available...

moosh01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moosh01 said:
Edit: After more tests it seems that doing this will result in a bad dump to the hdd. It does seem that it worked when the dumping process was stalled for a long time. The game was playable in that instance only, not when I just hit eject to try and speed it up. Sorry for the confusion.
wacko.gif

caleb4god

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moosh01 said:
caleb4god said:
wacko.gif

now what have we learned?
lecture.gif

moosh01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caleb4god said:
moosh01 said:
caleb4god said:
wacko.gif

now what have we learned?
lecture.gif
It does seem to recover frozen dumps, so it is not a total bust.
cool.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have an iso of the game then there's no good reason to install via DVD.
Installing from the PC is faster and more accurate.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dumped 3 games (originals) to my USB, using this "Speed trick" ... ALL 3 games would not start up !!!

I deleted tem, then re-dumped them, WITHOUT pressing the eject button at all (just let the Loader do it's thing) and the exact same 3 games all worked fine.

Just an FYI , but dont waste your time as it obviously creates a hit and miss copy.

UXSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, when you press the eject button while it's ripping, it's going to stop reading the disc but on your TV screen it'll look like it's ripping, and ripping faster then usual but it's actually not ripping at all... don't do this "speed trick". It does NOT work.

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
I dumped 3 games (originals) to my USB, using this "Speed trick" ... ALL 3 games would not start up !!!

I deleted tem, then re-dumped them, WITHOUT pressing the eject button at all (just let the Loader do it's thing) and the exact same 3 games all worked fine.

Just an FYI , but dont waste your time as it obviously creates a hit and miss copy.

Yeah, Kosaic, if you took the time to read the 2nd page of the thread, you'd see that it isn't actually working. The OP said it is only useful for recovering if it freezes during the dump process.

TjW1072

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
FenrirWolf said:
Not everyone has fancy drives that read Wii discs, though.

dont need a fancy drive (if its not an original)

Is this true as I've been trying to copy my backups for my father in law and each time it got to about 20% and failed. I used IMG Burn & tried with several different discs
wacko.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here's another trick that might work, but i have to warn you i didn't have too much time for testing:

Install Kwiirk's cIOS (IOS222) and change the usb loader to use IOS222 instead of IOS249. I only dumped one game with this method yet, but i had no slowdowns and ETA after 30 seconds was = ~ time needed in the end. But playing games with that IOS222-usb loader doesn't work.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rudedoggx said:
Kosaic said:

Yeah, Kosaic, if you took the time to read the 2nd page of the thread, you'd see that it isn't actually working. The OP said it is only useful for recovering if it freezes during the dump process.

"Rudedoggx" I see how you got your name ...

With the LAG on this site, I missed that in between refreshes, SO SORRY.

Either way, I confirmed it I guess, for those who care.

But thanks for pointing out.

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Kosiac: Flames are always appreciated, I can get a nice laugh out of them.

Anyways, the first time I tried this (non-working) "Speed trick", I pressed the eject button once, and my disc uh... ejected. I knew something was wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...