Hacking USB Loader dump speed trick

moosh01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When dumping through the usb loader on the Wii, if the speed seems slow press the eject button. It does not eject the disk, but starts it spinning again and will speed up the dump process! Try it and give feedback. It has worked on two disks for me: WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw, and Sam and Max Season one. Seemed frozen or very slow(.01% per minute) and hitting eject made 1.46:58 dump in less than 5 minuites.
cool.gif

(I am using a WD My Book 500GB ext drive)

Edit: This only seems to work for a frozen dump, otherwise it will result in a bad dump to your HDD.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I should try that I didn't really have a problem dumping originals (Wii Sports took like 1 1/2 min [.31GB] and Brawl took like 30 min, but it's dual layer [6.98GB]) and for backups it takes longer (20 min for Metal Slug [1.36GB], but I assumed this was just because the Wii can only read the data from a DVD backup at 3x instead of 6x). Did you get these results with backups or original games?

Right now I find it fastest to just put the backups in my computer and extract the image [takes around 8 min] and then just put them on the HDD with the Windows command line tool [takes roughly 1-3 min, depending on the size the .iso will be on the HDD].

moosh01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This method may be faster then extracting the iso on your computer. The first of the two games I noticed this on, I dumped from USB Loader were so slow, I tried ejecting the disk. It did not eject, but made the disk dump much faster. The game I tried after that, I started the dump and five to ten seconds in I hit the eject button and it sped up.

Please post results so I can see if it is just my HDD or works on a bigger scale.

searos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
moosh01 said:
This method may be faster then extracting the iso on your computer. The first of the two games I noticed this on, I dumped from USB Loader were so slow, I tried ejecting the disk. It did not eject, but made the disk dump much faster. The game I tried after that, I started the dump and five to ten seconds in I hit the eject button and it sped up.

Please post results so I can see if it is just my HDD or works on a bigger scale.

I can confirm that this works.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool beans moosh.
smile.gif
Just tried it and it its definitely moving faster, but I wonder if this does anything to the quality of the image.
unsure.gif

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dope_X said:
how do you extract the images in 8 min. ?
do you got that special LG-Drive?
No, you only need a special drive to read original Wii discs. If it is just a backup, any drive can read the iso, and it's reading at 16x so 8 minutes is pretty normal.

moosh01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
Cool beans moosh.
smile.gif
Just tried it and it its definitely moving faster, but I wonder if this does anything to the quality of the image.
unsure.gif
Image quality seems fine. No stutters so far!

Warning: Do not hit the eject button twice!! Disk will eject and your dump is screwed!

moosh01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
or just use WBFS and get it done in 1 minute
Yes that is what I use for games I have an ISO of, But for already burnt games that you no longer have the ISO for, this is alot faster than just sitting and waiting for the dump, or redownloading and adding from WBFS.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
moosh01 said:
When dumping through the usb loader on the Wii, if the speed seems slow press the eject button. It does not eject the disk, but starts it spinning again and will speed up the dump process! Try it and give feedback. It has worked on two disks for me: WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw, and Sam and Max Season one. Seemed frozen or very slow(.01% per minute) and hitting eject made 1.46:58 dump in less than 5 minuites.
cool.gif

Sam & Max Season 1 works in the usb loader? If yes it's kinda surprising, and i really need to know, please.

moosh01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
moosh01 said:
cool.gif

Sam & Max Season 1 works in the usb loader? If yes it's kinda surprising, and i really need to know, please.
No sorry, I found out the hard way too. I was just using that as an example because that was the second time I noticed this.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
moosh01 said:
Bladexdsl said:
Yes that is what I use for games I have an ISO of, But for already burnt games that you no longer have the ISO for, this is alot faster than just sitting and waiting for the dump, or redownloading and adding from WBFS.

well use imgburn to rip the iso

moosh01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
moosh01 said:
Bladexdsl said:

well use imgburn to rip the iso
I have still found this faster than ripping and adding to the Hdd via WBFS_win.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls