Hacking USB Loader difficulties...

Civori

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently followed This guide to install homebrew on my 4.3U Wii. I've modded it before but I recently re-modded it. I have Cfg usb loader and USB Loader GX as well as Neogamma, I only have one backup on my wbfs partition and it's Mario kart wii. For some reason, whenever I go to launch it in cfg it freezes up my console, whenever I load GX I get a code dump after a few seconds, and Neogamma it doesn't find the wbfs partition. But in cfg it does.

Now, I'm assuming this is some type of cios problem. By following that guide I linked above, should I have used ios 236 to install the cios from, or should i have kept it at 249(I know thats the standard). Any help? And which cios should I use.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mario kart isn't a problem game. I play it on hermes 222 (v5.1) but Waninkoko's rev20 or (even better) d2x versions should work as well, provided you use a base IOS of 56.
...and those are mentioned in the objectives. Hmm...
unsure.gif

Did the cIOS install correctly? cIOS236 (actually IOS36 with the trucha bug, installed in slot 236) is mostly used as the cIOS because it is certain to be able to install cIOS'es. It doesn't make it the only cIOS that can install those things, though. Perhaps use syscheck, or MMM, or dop-mii, or something, to check to make sure those slot numbers are indeed occupied with cIOS'es (and not by stubs)?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It doesn't matter which IOS/cIOS you use to install the cIOS, but it does matter which cIOS you install. What does NeoGamma say which cIOS you have installed? Are you sure you use the correct usb port?

Wever said:
Mario kart isn't a problem game. I play it on hermes 222 (v5.1) but Waninkoko's rev20 or (even better) d2x versions should work as well, provided you use a base IOS of 56.
...and those are mentioned in the objectives. Hmm...
unsure.gif

Did the cIOS install correctly? cIOS236 (actually IOS36 with the trucha bug, installed in slot 236) is mostly used as the cIOS because it is certain to be able to install cIOS'es. It doesn't make it the only cIOS that can install those things, though. Perhaps use syscheck, or MMM, or dop-mii, or something, to check to make sure those slot numbers are indeed occupied with cIOS'es (and not by stubs)?

STOP IT RIGHT THERE!

THERE IS NOT SUCH THING AS A "cIOS236", DON'T THINK ABOUT STARTING THE SAME B******T AS WITH cIOS and IOS249!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...okay?

Sorry if I stated things in the wrong tone of voice, Wiipower, but I'm very well aware of all the confusion that goes on with people randomly calling everything and their mother "cios249"...and I want to bang my head against my desk as well, every time I see someone saying "I have cIOS249 and it doesn't work.... plz help".

...but unfortunately, that's how these names are. So if you don't mind, I'd rather keep up with keeping with the name and explaining what it is, rather than giving the whole explanation and the user going
wacko.gif
. Thus far, at least the 236 slot is only used in guides to park IOS36 with a trucha bug. So before some wisecracker decides to write a guide to tell people to use 236 to install all sorts of fancy code, I'd rather assume he installed what I think he installed there.

(after note...I actually voted against the whole "name your cIOS after the install slot" in the modmii thread a couple days ago...most actually wanted to keep it like it was).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't have a problem with just saying "use IOS236 and do this and that" and assuming there's a fully patched IOS36 there. My problem is that c, there's no IOS236 from nintendo -> no cIOS236.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah, in that way. Okay...
smile.gif

I always thought that the c (which stands for custom) meant: everything that isn't made by nintendo, so everything that fills up a slot that isn't used by an official IOS (and that includes stubs) is a cIOS. But I see what you mean.
smile.gif

Civori

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I used the wrong base in my installation of d2x. I'll try it again later and get back to you. Thanks for the response.

EDIT: Ok so I know that I have a cIOS installed. I've tried multiple. Rev 21, d2x, rev 17 and whenever I go to play mkw in cfg it doesnt load. And Neogamma and GX cant find the wbfs partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...