USB Loader compatible with ALL emulators for Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Link5084, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    So I could basically put emulators and ROMS in my external HD and I can launch from the Homebrew Channel and basically run any game I want? Is that true?

2. Matt93

Member Matt93 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No. It's only for loading Wii games.

3. quantocks

Newcomer quantocks Member

Australia
    not at all. So far only Wii games, no WiiWare/VC/roms/Emu's

4. Link5084
    OP

United States
    Seriously? Some guy said he had put all his NES and SNES games into a hard drive

5. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    If the emulator supports reading roms from a USB drive, then yes, you can, but only if the usb device is recognized by the wii, and is formatted in FAT32.

It has nothing to do with USB Loader.

6. Link5084
    OP

United States
    Oh, I see. I meant to say if I can run ROMS and Emulators with my external HD.

7. asianking

Newcomer asianking Member

United States
    so ya telling me that usbloader; as long as you have a backup image of your game, you can personally play it through there instead of playing the real disc?

would be great if thats possible cause my nephew done a lot of scratch on my marioglax games. And it's the only one I have. I don't wanna go back and buy marioglax for 49.99...

8. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    asianking: Yes, just a few days ago a USB loader was released that does exactly that.

Link: Yes, USB HDDs can be used by many homebrew applications, but they must be formatted to fat32 which conflicts with the USB loader which uses the custom WBFS file system. You can try formatting an external drive to have part of the drive as each file system and that should work with the case of the USB loader, but I can't guarantee how it'll work for the emulators that require it.

9. Shinigami Kiba

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    my advice, just have two partitions on your external HDD a FAT32 one for ROMs and a WBFS one for Wii games.
    I haven't gotten around Wii emulation yet because I have a modded Xbox and a PSP, but I plan on doing it when I get that external 500GB Seagate I've been meaning to buy in a week or two.

What emulators support loading ROMs from the USB Drive? I wonder if the Wii is going to replace my Xbox as my main system for emulation.

Does MAME, NeoGeo, CPS and stuff run at 100% on the Wii?
    I know Genesis, SNES, NES and I guess Commodore64 and Atari2600, these two are VERY important to me run at 100%

Sorry for hijacking the topic but I wanna know which of the emulators i mentioned can run ROMs from the USB port(External HDDs, flash drives and so on)

10. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    www.wiibrew.org look up the emulators for each system. Wiibrew lists what controllers and storage solutions each program makes use of.