OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to softmod my wii, I came across 2 great resources

I first followed this tutorial
YouTube - Wii Hack Tutorial - How to Hack Your Wii in 7 minutes! Simplest tutorial on youtube!
using the files in the discription to install the homebrew channel. I have firmware 4.0 so it was great, although some of the data in the download was a bit aged.

So I had homebrew

I went to this guide
How to Store/Load Wii Games via USB Hard Drive on System Menu 4.0 [Slick Tricks Part 2]
and attempted to add on the USB loader.

He uses USB Loader GX with this link Downloads (USB Loader GX) I downloaded the easy windows installer, and it installed it in the apps menu on my SD card.

I loaded it in homebrew and it went to a black screen, no errors, just a black screen.

So I read something on USB Loader GX's home page about not being compatable with ealier versions of cIOS (I don't know what it is, people seem to be conserned with what it is, I don't care, I just want it to be compatable.)

So I installed what was listed as a newere version. The cIOS38_rev14-Installer.rar was down from the USB Loader GX's download page, so I looked it up, got a copy and installed it. Thought I might have a compatable cOIS version and it might work.

USB Loader GX still loads to a black screen (which requires unpluging to restart)

I tried another USB loader though I want USB Loader GX. I tried adding "Waninkoko's original USB Loader 1.5" to the apps folder, it loaded, then said "Custom IOS could not be loaded! (ret = -41000) press any button to restart..."

What can I do to get some (high compatibility) USB loader working?

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALL usb Loaders work. It sounds like you didnt officially finish upgrading your CIOS REV14, if you don't watch the full install sometimes, the whole thing completes but one or more download/install doesn't finish during the upgrade. Hopefully that makes sense.

Look on here (aka search thru the forums here) and get a wak Rev14a or b update (i cant remember its been awhile since i updated). Try one of those.

Wynd

R8IaSrs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed cIOS r14 again and my new loader (which I also added to the SD card NeoGamma R7) is not complaining about not having cIOS like it was before I reinstalled. Still the USB Loader GX boots to a black screen. I tried backing up a DVD, when I tried to play it it gave me a read error. It looks like NeoGamma R7 doesn't format your hardrive for you, so I'm going to try doing it myself.

Any idea why USB loader GX still won't load?

R8IaSrs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, that's it, UNCLE!
I give up trying to make my old hard drive (which always shows up as two drives even after formating and now when partitioned into wii format always says the empty drives are full and nothing can be put on them).

I'm looking for a usb or SD card on the cheep that I can load my backups off of. Is there anything cheep that can hold a backup (preferably more). There was a compatablity list at one point, what can I use now to work with NeoGamma R7?

R8IaSrs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds great but it's kinda big for me right now. I'm don't really need a hard drive, just something for my wii. Not a bad deal, but I was hoping for something smaller/less pricey. What can I get that's a a little cheaper that will definitely work with NeoGamma R7?

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check Newegg for External HDD's...usually have awesome prices and alot of things ship with no cost, and shipping is standard 3 day
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM