Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
fischju said:
+1 to the linux app. Where is it? My Wii doesn't have a DVD drive any more, this may save me. I just want to play Wii Fit again
unsure.gif

I third this, gotta be a way to get ISO from Linux since this is a Linux partition type. Also LOVE your avatar
wink.gif

Valgreen said:
QUOTE(fischju @ Mar 30 2009, 04:13 PM)
+1 to the linux app. Where is it? My Wii doesn't have a DVD drive any more, this may save me. I just want to play Wii Fit again
unsure.gif

WBFS tool listed in this thread

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144278

thanks

themario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valgreen said:
themario said:
Someone should write a guide for us noobies to show us how to install this and a small FAQ post for this would be nice.

if you cannot figure it out yourself by reading through this thread and other threads on this forum, you should NOT be installing this.. simple as that

i could train a fucking monkey to install this..

people please. use some of that material inside your skull, it can be helpful. try and take some initiative and think for yourself, it actually is beneficial sometimes.

and now i really will leave the forum for tonight as i think i just lost my sanity as well as half my grey matter trying to comprehend how some people get through the day without someone wiping there own ass
Didn't mean to insult you man, I didn't intend on you getting all worked up by my post. I'm a noob to the wii hacking scene, I'm pretty cautious because I don't feel like buying another Wii if mine gets bricked, once again I apologize

/s, rtrd

Dragonsire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumped a few different Titles now, no issues except for Metroid Prime 3, Dumps fine, but when launched asks you to insert disc, checked it couple times to makes sure, but wont launch, REAL Copy. Anyone starting a compatability Thread? Or one already started?

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
USB loader as in what? As to rip games from the original discs or does this let one play isos straight from an hdd??

And also, where did you get this, wanins page here hasnt been update since 2008, can someone tell what this does and how it works?

Fleeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
will it tell you how big the game is going to be because the biigerst thing i have to use is a 2 gig thumb drive, i wanted to try mario galaxy its the only game i can remember that had videos that skipped

Modder225

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sentinel5000 said:
USB loader as in what? As to rip games from the original discs or does this let one play isos straight from an hdd??

And also, where did you get this, wanins page here hasnt been update since 2008, can someone tell what this does and how it works?
You can dump games onto a HDD and play from them. The links are on the first page I believe.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any reason why this wouldn't work with a FlatMii? Too much work setting up linux to transfer games when I can wait 4 days for the FlatMii I already bought to arrive. By this, I mean using the PC tools to load up a game, then booting the USB loader, and ripping it to a thumb drive. So I wouldn't need the flatmii to be hooked to my PC all the time.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, dump an original game on to an HDD? and then you wont need the original game anymore??

How about the reading speed of the isos?

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Valgreen said:
feidhlim1986 said:
Anyone know how to prepare a USB HDD on Mac OS X, so the Loader will format the disk.

if by prepare a usb HDD you mean plugging it into your wii then yes...plug it into your wii and run the app

I keep getting 'could not initialize USB' error, but I realised its just my USB Pen Drive it doesnt like, it works fine with my 500GB HDD

invu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great thing!

Even greater if we would know anything about the WBFS... The source code for example would be great. Would also help all those windows guys a lot i think...

Maybe the WBFS wasn't that bad of an idea. As we can see, the isos are smaller in size. That's a big advantage
smile.gif

But here again, I say source code. Would be great if it was open. Someone could just take it an use the WBFS file structure and port it to ext2 or maybe even fat.

Well, I don't want to complain! It is a great app! Thanks to all the guys involved!

BirdsOnMyBack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
Too bad it cannot read already backuped disc,...

Yes, it can. I have dumped 2 backups and I am in the process of dumping a Brawl backup right now. They do take a bit longer however but come out the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1