Hacking usb iso loader

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so i heard of this cool homebrew that could solve a few problems for me, it can play games stored on pc
i downloaded it an usbhost fs 1.7 and put my game into the iso folder, booted usbhostfs and usb iso loader, selected psp2 and the it gave me a loading screen which took forever, my psp froze, then i put dissidia and retried with other games
now whenever i highlight a game and press x to boot it the psp freezes before the loading black screen...
anything to fix this
i have 6.60 pro-b10 btw
i also saw something like this for irshell but i chose not to patch irshell (it had support till 5.xx for patching and it was seemingly required to do this, and i thought it may give me a semi brick7full brick (here is the irshell tut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8T-bKzGW1I)

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Method 1.

Any TA088-v2 motherboard (PSP 2000 Slim, and backwards) series could use IRSHELL (along a specified patch which needs to be installed on a FULL CUSTOM FIRMWARE PSP MOTHERBOARD, OTHERWISE YOU'LL CAUSE A BRICK on some PSP 2000/ALL 3000 and GO series).

Method2.
AAnd, there's another way.. which doesn't involve writing to PSP NAND.

-PSPHosts 2.0
-Prometheus ISO Loader (6.20 in my case)
-Signed PSP Type A/B Drivers

You install PSPHosts 2.0 on any windows machine (XP onwards, W7 64 bits works too). Once it's installed, click the small PSP icon on the taskbar menu (where date/time is), right-button click and pick settings.

Highlight the options "Run at Windows Startup" and "Enable USB at program start" if you want the app to load upon windows startup.

Next, you'll need a real 1:1 PSP folder structure in the USB mount directory (or directory to share over USB) no matter if you have MUSIC/APP/ETC, but you need the folder structure to be properly mounted later on PSP. (back up all your PRO DUO content, format MS PRO DUO from PSP, then copy ALL FOLDERS from PSP to teh desired directory.

Now put prometheus ISO Loader on PSP, (disable all USB plugins like adhoc2usb,remotejoy,etc which could interfiere with USB) and plug the PSP through your USB cable to any USB ports in your computer. Run prom. ISO Loader.. THEN press START button (in the ISO listing) and you should see your dumps/cso you have under the ISO folder (much like MS PRO DUO ISO folder on PSP).

enjoy

Ace Overclocked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Method 1.

Any TA088-v2 motherboard (PSP 2000 Slim, and backwards) series could use IRSHELL (along a specified patch which needs to be installed on a FULL CUSTOM FIRMWARE PSP MOTHERBOARD, OTHERWISE YOU'LL CAUSE A BRICK on some PSP 2000/ALL 3000 and GO series).

Method2.
AAnd, there's another way.. which doesn't involve writing to PSP NAND.

-PSPHosts 2.0
-Prometheus ISO Loader (6.20 in my case)
-Signed PSP Type A/B Drivers

You install PSPHosts 2.0 on any windows machine (XP onwards, W7 64 bits works too). Once it's installed, click the small PSP icon on the taskbar menu (where date/time is), right-button click and pick settings.

Highlight the options "Run at Windows Startup" and "Enable USB at program start" if you want the app to load upon windows startup.

Next, you'll need a real 1:1 PSP folder structure in the USB mount directory (or directory to share over USB) no matter if you have MUSIC/APP/ETC, but you need the folder structure to be properly mounted later on PSP. (back up all your PRO DUO content, format MS PRO DUO from PSP, then copy ALL FOLDERS from PSP to teh desired directory.

Now put prometheus ISO Loader on PSP, (disable all USB plugins like adhoc2usb,remotejoy,etc which could interfiere with USB) and plug the PSP through your USB cable to any USB ports in your computer. Run prom. ISO Loader.. THEN press START button (in the ISO listing) and you should see your dumps/cso you have under the ISO folder (much like MS PRO DUO ISO folder on PSP).

enjoy
when i select to run my iso the ps gets a black screen and closes, all my plugins are disabled...
could it be because i have 6.60 pro b 10?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You could pick prometheus ISO Loader 6.60 and disable any forms of "ISO CACHING", from either the Recovery menu or the XMB... ie: inferno's 32mb method of caching ISO files on unused SLIM memory. In XMB UMD Cache must be disabled too..

ps: SONY9660 must be used as ISO loading method, and i'm running tekken6 through USB at the time i'm writing this..

ps2: SLIM 3000 BRITE TA-092, definitely a NOT hackable motherboard on 6.20 PRO permament patch

Ace Overclocked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You could pick prometheus ISO Loader 6.60 and disable any forms of "ISO CACHING", from either the Recovery menu or the XMB... ie: inferno's 32mb method of caching ISO files on unused SLIM memory. In XMB UMD Cache must be disabled too..

ps: SONY9660 must be used as ISO loading method, and i'm running tekken6 through USB at the time i'm writing this..

ps2: SLIM 3000 BRITE TA-092, definitely a NOT hackable motherboard on 6.20 PRO permament patch
google for alot of time with no result
and yeah i had iso caching so i'll disable it
i know that, i'm not using a perma patch

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Glad you figured it out yourself. Maybe not all ISOs are working (DJ MAX BS) but most work flawlessly. The best thing is, you don't need IRShell anymore!

Reactions: 1 person

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sister is the one in my family who owns a PSP, so whenever I want to do anything to it, I have to be VERY careful since I don't have the money to replace it if I somehow accidentally brick it. You mind clarifying this for me, because I've been looking for a way to store the games on my PC and play them through the USB slot on the PSP. If I understand this correctly...

I download a program called "PSPHOSTS2.0", and one called "Prometheus ISO Loader".
I copy the entire contents of the PSP's Memory Stick to the computer (Where do I put this?)
I put the game I want in the PC's version of the Memory Stick directory I just made, in the same way I would if I were putting it on the actual Memory Stick
I install the first program to my computer, and the second one to the PSP.
I remove any programs from the PSP that utilize the USB slot (in my case, just Fusa GamePad)
I turn on Prometheus ISO Loader and am now able to access the games stored on the PC as long as I'm plugged in through USB.

Is this correct? I wanted to make sure I understood all of the directions right before I tried anything. If I got this wrong, could somebody please put the correct directions in layman's terms like this for me?

Ace Overclocked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My sister is the one in my family who owns a PSP, so whenever I want to do anything to it, I have to be VERY careful since I don't have the money to replace it if I somehow accidentally brick it. You mind clarifying this for me, because I've been looking for a way to store the games on my PC and play them through the USB slot on the PSP. If I understand this correctly...

I download a program called "PSPHOSTS2.0", and one called "Prometheus ISO Loader".
I copy the entire contents of the PSP's Memory Stick to the computer (Where do I put this?)
I put the game I want in the PC's version of the Memory Stick directory I just made, in the same way I would if I were putting it on the actual Memory Stick
I install the first program to my computer, and the second one to the PSP.
I remove any programs from the PSP that utilize the USB slot (in my case, just Fusa GamePad)
I turn on Prometheus ISO Loader and am now able to access the games stored on the PC as long as I'm plugged in through USB.

Is this correct? I wanted to make sure I understood all of the directions right before I tried anything. If I got this wrong, could somebody please put the correct directions in layman's terms like this for me?
Try going back to 6.20 if you're on a later fw, it only works with this, it's also much better for using RJL

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
there's no need to muck about downgrading. works on 6.60 with (L)ME firmware.
as i said above, follow the Wololo thread's instructions.

btw, LME and PRO can both be installed without conflicting with each other. after installing, just run the fast recovery/launcher for whichever CFW you want use.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just took a look at the PSP and it says it's running 6.20 PRO B9 (I might be wrong with the B9 part, but my sister won't let me double-check for now)

What exactly is LME, and where do I find it? I checked the FAQ and it didn't say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Probably like a 10,000 dollar build back then