USB Hub / USB Lan Adapter advice

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by hazzarduk1, Mar 13, 2011.

Mar 13, 2011
  1. hazzarduk1

Newcomer hazzarduk1 Member

Feb 26, 2009
    United Kingdom
    can someone recommend a working usb hub that will work with the wii? As i have a mic, a keyboard and my hard drive to connect and with only two holes that is kinda difficult. Which is better, self powered or powered by the usb? Like This

also has anyone used the wii lan adapters that you can get? to convert an RJ45 / Ethernet cable to usb. would you recommend it? Like This
  2. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Jun 6, 2009
    Not being able to determine the brand of the Wired LAN Adaptor you linked to, I can't say if that particular item is good or not. To be on the safe side you can always purchase the official Nintendo Wired LAN Adaptor, however, many of the well known third party variants like Rocketfish are perfect cheaper alternatives that work great.

Concerning choosing a self powered or bus powered USB Hub, you will get best results using a self powered USB Hub that plugs into the AC outlet. Just make sure it is USB2.0 compliant for best results.