USB Gecko XP Driver ? ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by AlienX69, Mar 12, 2010.

Mar 12, 2010

USB Gecko XP Driver ? ? by AlienX69 at 8:57 PM (1,384 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. AlienX69
    OP

Newcomer AlienX69 Newbie

United States
    Hello All,

Need assistance, hopefully I'm posting in the correct forum.

I no longer have the original installation disc that came with the USB Gecko device. Think my son lost it.

I recently had a system crash, had to rebuild the computer. After installing the Gecko Client and trying to connect to the USB Gecko device I get an error.

So I looked in the files on my data drive and found in the Newbie Guide it states the following:

Step 1 - Getting started (install drivers)

I searched high and low on the web trying to locate the driver(s) to no avail ......

FYI: I have the Gecko Client and Loader disc, just need the driver(s) for XP Pro !!!

Can someone please help me out, it would be GREATLY appreciated ?

Regards,
    AX

2. Wiisel

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
  3. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    you can get by by letting xp get its own driver. when it asks to automatically find a driver, you can let it do that and it will find one that works. the real usb gecko drive linked to already is a bit better as apps like geckoreader.exe can easily get the COM port from it. using the windows driver for it, geckoreader cannot get this port number correctly. aside from this, ive never noticed any difference in the two.

4. AlienX69
    OP

Newcomer AlienX69 Newbie

United States
    Many Thanks Wiisel and giantpune, got it working !!!

Cheers,

AX