Hacking USB games being overwritten!!?

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started copying my games over to USB last night, using disc2app. After installing BotW I started it to see if it worked. It prompted an update so i updated it, by first running NNU Patcher.

Everything worked fine except my save was gone. Apparently now the game looks for the save file on the USB drive. To continue using my old save I my copied the save from my local onto the USB. The WIIU warned me it would overwrite, and that if two copies of the same file existed that it would prioritize the one stored on the USB.

Anyway, I copied it over figuring that it would ONLY overwrite the Save. Well I was wrong apparently as it overwrote everything, making an exact copy of the files on my local and deleting the full game install.

Is this supposed to work like this?? How do i use my existing saves stored on the local without copying them over and risking deleting the games I've already installed?

bitzthatbyte

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I started copying my games over to USB last night, using disc2app. After installing BotW I started it to see if it worked. It prompted an update so i updated it, by first running NNU Patcher.

Everything worked fine except my save was gone. Apparently now the game looks for the save file on the USB drive. To continue using my old save I my copied the save from my local onto the USB. The WIIU warned me it would overwrite, and that if two copies of the same file existed that it would prioritize the one stored on the USB.

Anyway, I copied it over figuring that it would ONLY overwrite the Save. Well I was wrong apparently as it overwrote everything, making an exact copy of the files on my local and deleting the full game install.

Is this supposed to work like this?? How do i use my existing saves stored on the local without copying them over and risking deleting the games I've already installed?

You have to move the save file from system to USB before installing your game

Reactions: portugeek

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to move the save file from system to USB before installing your game
I figured that that may be the case. I'm in the middle of reinstalling the update for BotW now.

I really wish I would've known that before i started. I had 7 different discs that installed throughout the night, and now they're all gone. That's a horrible design on Nintendo's part. Copying and overwriting a game save file shouldn't replace the entire data block for that game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I do, but its ok. One of these days, you may get lucky and experience what one feels like.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's silly urewife calls me bigjim
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    91° F that
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, 91 fuck that?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yep 89 here today, supposed to be 96 tomorrow. Good days to stay inside AC and play video
    games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You get heat from weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea in the winter, I throw bricks of weed in my fireplace to keep warm, and it adds a nice scent in the air.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just a brick?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Translate the whole video for us...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Something about family guy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it has the auto captions
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But the captions are in english, I only speak Ebonics
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i made myself a pizza today, that shit was mid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, atleast it wasnt that bad
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but i can't let a mediocre pizza bring me down, just around this time last month i made that cheesecake
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night