Hacking USB devices in vWii

Solohan50

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have experience with Rock Band/Guitar Hero games installed on an external drive? USB devices aren't recognized by games I've installed using Wii Backup Manager and loaded through USB Loader GX. Playing off the game disc works fine. Is there a setting or something I need to change to get the backups on the external drive to see the USB devices? I’m trying to play Rock Band/Guitar Hero games and the mic and drums aren’t recognized.

Solohan50

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, after doing some more research I found that plugging the devices into the bottom USB port on the back (USB port 1), I was able to get the drums and mic recognized. I've also read that you can use a USB hub to connect multiple devices, but I don't have one to test that with. It doesn't seem to recognize the Rock Band guitar dongle, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Since I've already answered my own question, this post can be disregarded.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your post will be useful to other people looking for the same answer.
thank you for posting the solution :)

Also, just to complete your finding, some game will require a cIOS with a different base.
to change the base, go to your loader setting and change the IOS slot (249 or 250), based on this wiki compatibility list : https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_base_Compatibility_List#IOS_Slots

that list only contains problematic games, the one which work only with one specific base.
all other games working with either 56 or 57 are not listed, they are not problematic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte