usb cios issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by unrated999, Dec 22, 2010.

Dec 22, 2010

usb cios issue by unrated999 at 3:16 AM (770 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. unrated999
    OP

Newcomer unrated999 Member

United States
    WELL ITS ME AGAIN , AND I'M STILL NEW AT THIS BUT , I HAVE A 4.2U AND I'M RUNNING A 249 BASE 37 REV 17 WII USB LOADER SYETEM , ITS A NEWER WII SO IT WILL NOT PLAY BACK-UPS [​IMG] . I DO HAVE 2 OTHER WII'S ( 249 BASE 37 REV 19 ) AND THATS HOW I KNOW ABOUT THIS FIRST HAND [​IMG]
    NOW IF YOU LOOK AT MY OTHER POST IT WILL CATCH U UP TO SPEED , I HAVE A ISSUE WITH MONSTER HUNTER TRI ,AND COD BLACK OPS , I HAVE TRIED REV 20 BASE 57 249 AND COD WORKS BUT MONSTER HUNTER STOPS , AND IF I USE 249 BASE 37 REV 19 MONSTER HUNTER TRI WORKS BUT COD WILL NOT . I HAVE A 750 WB USB DRIVE AND I LOAD MY GAMES OFF OF NEOGAMMA REV 8 BETA ( MARIO ) LAST TIME I UPDATED TO REV 20 MY USB STOPED WORKING ,AND I HAD TO GET A NEW ONE BECAUSE MY OLD USB DRIVE WILL NOT PICK UP ON THE WII ANYMORE ? DKY ???? I'M WORRED IF I UP DATE TO 249 REV 19 BASE 37 MY USB WILL NOT WORK ? IS THERE A WAY TO PLAY USING A CERTAIN CIOS ? WHAT ARE U RUNNING FOR A CIOS FOR USB ? ANY HELP PLEASE [​IMG]

2. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    1. lower your caps...no need to be shouting....
    2. cIOSv17 is base 38 (38 is default for the rev; it cannot be different)....

if you insist on using NeoGamma, i can't help you as i have no experience using that for USB loading...but if you're will to go Wiiflow or CFG, then see my sig for getting both these games working....install the cIOS as defined in line one, then use line three for loading those games.... this setup will also work with CFG....don't use USB loader GX, it has compatibility issues with v20 (at least AFAIK)....

i'm pretty sure all these cIOS revisions/slot combinations can be downloaded from modmii for installation offline....

3. unrated999
    OP

Newcomer unrated999 Member

United States
    sorry about the caps , just left it on and didn't think anything of it . my bad ! ! !

ill try wiiflow v2.1 rev 20 250 base 57 and go from there i know that monster hunter worked on 249 base 37 rev 19 and i might put that in .

thanks i'll get wiiflow 2.1

4. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yeah, here's the details for those games....

CoD:BO -- needs a loader launched from base 57 (56 doesn't work) and the game launched from a different base 57 (which is why i launch wiiflow from 250 and the game from 224). any combination of 57/57 will work (even a 249[57]/250[57] AFAIK)

MHT -- game needs to be launched from a base 37 or 56 (doesn't matter what the loader launched from, so long as the game has access to 37 or 56....the loader and the game can both launch from the same cIOS)

so, to sum it all up: you'll need one cIOS with a base of 37 or 56, and two cIOS with base 57....then launch everything appropriately....doesn't matter if it's Wanin v18, v19, or v20 or Hermes v4, v5 or v5.1

hope this helps.