USB charger for NDS/Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Cyan, Oct 21, 2009.

Oct 21, 2009

USB charger for NDS/Lite by Cyan at 6:28 PM (805 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Cyan
    OP

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    A friend sent me a Japanese NDSLite as a gift, but I can't recharge it with the Japanese power adapter.
    I'm looking for a DSLite charger for France plugs.
    I wanted a Real one, but they don't provide a selling form on Nintendo website, only an email to write to and explain your situation, but before that I need to input a French serial number and choose between White or Black NDSL ... mine is blue >_>
    A selling form would be so much better.

Then I found there are USB chargers for NDS on the FileTrip website affiliate (The new GBAtemp download center)

Anyone already tried an USB charger ?
    Are they reliable ? no over-power, or electrical shock to the DS ? no DS life-draining ?

I'm still wanting a real Nintendo charger, but if usb are good, I might buy this one :

http://www.ishopvideogame.com/usb-charger-...dsl-p-1463.html
    or if you recommend another one, or another website, I can change.

Or if anybody has a dead French NDSL with a spare charger and willing to give it, I may ask in the trading forum [​IMG]

2. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    No problems for me with USB charge cable. It just takes considerably longer to charge via USB versus using the AC adapter.

BTW: I have used two (both from dealextreme). Neither is like the multi-output type you linked to.

3. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    I used a DSL charger plugged into my wii for years.
    I got mine from Japan too.

I got the usb charger from deal extreme, and I got a 3-pin(unofficial) plug from their too.
    You can also get a travel adapter, I have probably 10 at this stage, because I buy a lot of US and Japanese electrical.
    Almost all electricals now have all 3 main voltages, a DSL charger would too.

4. Nitro Edd

Newcomer Nitro Edd Member

New Zealand
    salut!
    J'ai une DS Chargeur du Francais , Je n'en ai pas le DS Chargeur parce ce qui je ne vis pas en France maintenant. (excuse my bad french)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

and I use a USB charger and it is reliable, and it's a non-nintendo product so it was cheaper, I also use a car charger sometimes. (I dont have a NZ wall charger, My DS is from France)

5. Cyan
    OP

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Thank you for the reports.
    Except the slower charging time, it seems to work good.
    So USB charger might be a good choice.

@Nitro edd :
    Thank you for the offer, but isn't the shipping expansive from New Zealand ?
    I expected a French user with a broken DS to be easier for shipping, I didn't thought a French DS could be this far !
    Although, I have a Japanese DS, it's far from his country too [​IMG]