Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A friend sent me a Japanese NDSLite as a gift, but I can't recharge it with the Japanese power adapter.
I'm looking for a DSLite charger for France plugs.
I wanted a Real one, but they don't provide a selling form on Nintendo website, only an email to write to and explain your situation, but before that I need to input a French serial number and choose between White or Black NDSL ... mine is blue >_>
A selling form would be so much better.

Then I found there are USB chargers for NDS on the FileTrip website affiliate (The new GBAtemp download center)

Anyone already tried an USB charger ?
Are they reliable ? no over-power, or electrical shock to the DS ? no DS life-draining ?

I'm still wanting a real Nintendo charger, but if usb are good, I might buy this one :

http://www.ishopvideogame.com/usb-charger-...dsl-p-1463.html
or if you recommend another one, or another website, I can change.

Or if anybody has a dead French NDSL with a spare charger and willing to give it, I may ask in the trading forum
yaynds.gif

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No problems for me with USB charge cable. It just takes considerably longer to charge via USB versus using the AC adapter.

BTW: I have used two (both from dealextreme). Neither is like the multi-output type you linked to.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I used a DSL charger plugged into my wii for years.
I got mine from Japan too.

I got the usb charger from deal extreme, and I got a 3-pin(unofficial) plug from their too.
You can also get a travel adapter, I have probably 10 at this stage, because I buy a lot of US and Japanese electrical.
Almost all electricals now have all 3 main voltages, a DSL charger would too.

Nitro Edd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
salut!
J'ai une DS Chargeur du Francais , Je n'en ai pas le DS Chargeur parce ce qui je ne vis pas en France maintenant. (excuse my bad french)
I have a French DS charger, I do not need it because I don't live in France at the monent

and I use a USB charger and it is reliable, and it's a non-nintendo product so it was cheaper, I also use a car charger sometimes. (I dont have a NZ wall charger, My DS is from France)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the reports.
Except the slower charging time, it seems to work good.
So USB charger might be a good choice.

@Nitro edd :
Thank you for the offer, but isn't the shipping expansive from New Zealand ?
I expected a French user with a broken DS to be easier for shipping, I didn't thought a French DS could be this far !
Although, I have a Japanese DS, it's far from his country too
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Only the Jaguar could run something so advanced! lol