usb card reader error 43

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by gregor1997, Dec 31, 2010.

Dec 31, 2010

usb card reader error 43 by gregor1997 at 10:05 PM (752 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. gregor1997
    OP

Newcomer gregor1997 Member

Slovenia
    Every time i plug in my card reader(canyon cnr-card5) it says "device not recognized". I tried shutting down my computer and plugging out power cable for 20 minutes, i tried plugging it to my usb hub.
    My question is how can i get it to work?

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Have you tried plugging it into the back (directly into the motherboard)? Also have you tried plugging it into other computers/laptops?

Using a USB hub actually lowers the chance of it working. The longer the USB cable (or the more hubs it has to pass through) the greater the signal/power loss, which leads to USB devices not working properly.

Another possible cause for USB devices not working properly are drivers. They sometimes like to corrupt themselves on certain USB ports for some reason.

3. gregor1997
    OP

Newcomer gregor1997 Member

Slovenia
    When I plug it directly in the motherboard it isnt even recognized. when i plug it in in a very old laptop with windows xp it says device not recognized. And i cant install drivers because windows says they are not needed. This happened when i installed windows update on windows 7 ultimate 32bit.

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Then it could be an issue with the card reader itself being unable to communicate properly with the USB host. Try asking the retailer for support.