USB cable color problem, trying to make phone usb HUB and adapter

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by xXMortalKombatXx, Feb 10, 2014.

1. xXMortalKombatXx
    OP

xXMortalKombatXx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2012
    Brazil
    (if i posted on the wrong place please move, it's more about the cables not the mobile phone)

Okay, so I'm making a hub for my phone, so i can connect my keyboard to it with a program i found around the internet, the problem is: the inner colors don't match

1st one:

Green
    Blue (if you are thinking about this one being black/dark blue, it is exactly this color)
    Orange
    White

2nd one:

Black
    Green
    Red
    White

I know the process already, but i need to know, which cables should i connect to the ones that won't match?

1st

Blue
    Orange

2nd

Red
    Black

2. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Gambia, The
    I would not trust a single wire on the first cable, as they do not conform to the USB standard and might be misusing the green and white colors. Hooking up the power supply wrong could fry both devices.
    What tools do you have for electronics? Do you have a multimeter that can do voltage and resistance?

3. xXMortalKombatXx
    OP

xXMortalKombatXx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2012
    Brazil
    I couldn't edit my 1st post so i'm making a new one, i opened the hub and it pointed out what i needed, Thanks for the tip though

the 1st one is:

white - VCC
    Orange - D+
    Green - D-
    Blue - GND

Okay i'm hooking my keyboard to my phone, and it works

4. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Gambia, The
    See? You would have hooked up VCC to a data line.