usb-c female to hide dock

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by stooged, Jul 13, 2017.

1. stooged
    OP

stooged Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2012
    I tried searching for a post that covers this but I got tired of that fast so I will post this anyway.

my problem was I have too many devices/consoles around my tv and the switch dock was another annoying shaped thing so I used a usb-c female to male cable to hide the dock behind the tv and just have a usb cable under the front to connect the switch to the tv.

the cable cost less than $5 and solved the problem and now I don't have to worry about scratching the switch console sliding it into the dock and if you are worried about heat you could put the switch on a laptop cooler.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-C-USB3-...a-Cable-for-Phone-Macbook-Tablet/282195993175

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if this has been posted before... cool, if not I hope this helps someone else with the space issue I had.
    the same cable also works on the galaxy s8 dex dock, that thing is a pain because you cant dock the phone with the case on it so this type of cable solved that issue for me too ;)

mech likes this.
  2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    This has been well known since just a few days after the console released

3. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Thank you, even if it is known since launch, it wasn't for me. I gonna buy that today, so much helpful !

Pip'

4. whostolemywaffle

whostolemywaffle GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2016
    United States
    i have the same exact cord that i use so it doesnt scratch my switch

5. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    This has been known for ages and I do plan on getting this cable myself but just never feel like it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you don't want the screen to get scratched at all then you'll need to apply a tempered screen glass protector if you haven't already.

6. whostolemywaffle

whostolemywaffle GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2016
    United States
    ik its coming in the mail today

7. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    Thanks for this, i just ordered a .5 meter long one.

8. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    well the half meter one i ordered from UK ebay came and it works, its pretty lose in the dock so if you wiggle the cable it gets ejected by the spring loaded part inside. I would opt for the full 1 meter at least if anyone else is going down this route.