Hacking USA 3.2 Update

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'd still like to see someone who hasn't played brawl on their wii or done any sort of update with brawl-J to try it on a 3.2 with the 15% trick.

If that works, no fear, if it doesnt, then double channels for all the new wii modders.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Just updated. I dont have double channels, wiikey 1.9g, wii 3.2U, and I get a 20100 error when trying to play online. I can browse fine with opera.

I'll check guitar hero with original disk and backup disk if there's a difference... BRB
tongue.gif

EDIT: Well, i can connect using guitar hero, but with the original and backup i have the same problem, i cant find an opponent
frown.gif
I tried all configurations except a friend from the list.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is odd...
what have Nintendo done?
Hmm... We still need someone to try making Brawl work for the first time on a 3.2, something about the update being shown in the disc channel now for 3.2? Does this mean those whom have 3.2 can avoid the Brawl Update for the first time? I'm super confused by what people have been saying on the PSX WiiKey section.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I just tried strikers again, I connected just fine, it works. It found me an opponent, but I didnt play...

Everything seems to be working ok now... Maybe the servers had some hiccups?
tongue.gif

mphil145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All this info is great, but what I can't figure out is why you ppl are so anxious to update your wii for no apparent reason (at this current time) other than to have the number 3.2 display in your wii settings

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
Well it is nice to keep up with the updates sometimes just so you don't get way behind the rest of the scene.

I was seriously running one of the 2.x versions for a loooooong time even though 3.x was out (just because I enjoyed using my GC Freeloader). When I finally got around to updating everything I had to go back and do some research just to make sure things were going to work right.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused on how you worded that Berz, but from what I've read:

It's confirmed, that if you did the full update before the update for the 3.2 was released, it worked with the 3.2, now I'm not sure, and you'd have to ask someone who has already done it.

I did the 15% trick and I'm not updating until the US version comes out so the 3.2 update overrides the Japanese coding within my Wii itself.

Heres a video of it working with Double Channels from SSBB-J:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik29ADPUQrw

hershey122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any chance this update will allow usa wiikey owners to play the original ssbb-u disks when they come out? Cause I'm still under the impression that wii wont be able to...

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's for your region so it shouldn't have a problem reading it, we won't be 100% sure until it comes out though.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Originally Posted by dopelogic View Post
Wii version 3.2U
wiikey version 1.9g
regionfree turned on
no previous install of SSBB of any kind

Burnt a straight copy of the DVD9 version of the game (no patches of any kind), system prompts for a system update before it can be ran....

We have a slight problem for those who haven't played J brawl before the US release and want to and they have updated to 3.2...
The Brawl disc has 3.1J on it, this could mean a brick as you would technically be down grading your wii...

Sorry for the double post but its needed in a way.

Source: http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/65134-w...ate-3-2u-3.html

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
usa launch wii w/wiikey 1.9g (15% trick)

i had problems with sse crashing during movies in smash bros.
this update must have something to do with disc reading because i played for an hour today with no errors in sse. also games smash bros loads faster in battle

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...It didn't though.
I know what your getting at, but it didn't have any relevance to the disc reading capabilities... It was for notifying us of an update in the disc channel with a game.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
usa launch wii w/wiikey 1.9g (15% trick)

i had problems with sse crashing during movies in smash bros.
this update must have something to do with disc reading because i played for an hour today with no errors in sse. also games smash bros loads faster in battle
Did you have to redo the 15% trick?
lecture.gif

mitchondria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i just found out about this update... so ill be downloading it tonight (since im always the first with a clone to update)

wiikey clone with 1.9g
last update from game was smg, since it was the last game i played

so ill let everyone know tonight if the update is still safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watermelon guava tomato sauce and mozzarella not too sure about that