US PSN's Final Fantasy 8

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by DarkDragonLord, Jun 14, 2010.

Jun 14, 2010
  1. DarkDragonLord
    OP

Newcomer DarkDragonLord Advanced Member

Brazil
    I remember a long time ago that PSP games had an anti-piracy measure that deleted entire mem.stick while playing.
    It's been ages since i've heard of that and i tough those checks were over.

I'm not sure but i think the Final Fantasy 8 from US PSN comes with that protection as well.

In CD1, when Edea summons that Twin Lizards to kill Rinoa, you go with Squall and Irvine to save her. When i was fighting them, while they were just casting a spell, the game froze. When i booted PSP again, all my Mem. Stick was deleted, with one corrupted file and the FF8 save (the vmp + ico) in root, with no folders or anything else.

Mem Stick does not seems to be corrupted/dead but i cannot guarantee since i'm trying to recover my files first T_T (Accepting suggestions for Recovering Programs)

Does anyone else experienced this problem as well?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Fake memory Stick? That's certainly what it sounds like.

3. DarkDragonLord
    OP

Brazil
    Yup. But it never had any problems with this one. I've had about 4 of mine that gave me problems but all of them had the same behavior when corrupting: All files become a 1~4GB file, but keeps folders structure. This one was cleared and weirdly, kept only the save of the game i was playing. THAT is a weird behavior.

4. DarkDragonLord
    OP

Brazil
  5. xist

United Kingdom
    Yes i knew what you meant as you were referring to Rock Band Unplugged. However, the Final Fantasy AP was for the European releases and since the files for this live in the game folder it's totally unrelated.

The issue is that you're using a fake stick.

6. DarkDragonLord
    OP

Brazil
    I've formatted and copied stuff back to mem. stick and it worked ok o.O I just lost all my save data T_________T
    Now i have some doubt if it's really a stick problem.

Anyways, thanks for all your help xist.

7. xist

United Kingdom
    There has been no AP implemented on any of the emulated PS1 games....

8. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    Obviously not. PS1 games is just a prepackaged ps1 rom with a version of POPS.

9. xist

United Kingdom
    Why obviously? TC was querying AP and i was telling him. Plus if AP existed in the original PS1 game in question it's not beyond the realm of possibility for a remnant to cause issues...

10. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's obvious to those of us not paranoid over companies out to get us for using pirated software. Nobody is going to delete your memory stick for trying to play Final Fantasy 8, just like Microsoft aren't going to format your harddrive for trying to pirate Windows 7.

I mean, it says a lot about you if the first conclusion you come to is "it must be an anti piracy!".

11. xist

United Kingdom
    Way to totally prove your lack of comprehension. AP measures exist, and the one mentioned does too although not in this game. My point was that it's perfectly possible that a PS1 emulated PSP game could have AP just like a PSP game.

My respect for you just nosedived since it seems you think being critical without relevance makes you look clever, in this topic and many others. *Slow Hand Clap*

12. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'm aware of that. The fact that it requires a license file to run is an AP. The fact that Sony tries to keep hacked units from accessing the store is an AP. What AP doesn't do is format memory cards or make your dog die. That's called paranoia.

13. DarkDragonLord
    OP

Brazil
    Tell that to the Rock Band Unplugged company that made game delete some folders in Mem. Stick as AP measure.

14. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    It deletes Empty folders. I don't really call that AP, unlike the Dj Max games (I think?) which completely deleted your ISO folder.