Hardware US New 3DS without the Animal Crossing Bundle

BigPapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has Nintendo said when they will offer the basic 3DS minus the bundle in the US? I have searched quite a bit and can't find an answer.

BigPapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I have the original XL (and a PS VITA 1000 and a Slim, LOL). The whole "vibrant" versus "accurate" deal is kind of beyond me. While I can see the difference between my 1000 and my Slim, I don't care. I still like the Slim and I expect I will like the new 3DS.

OiNoww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're really intent on getting the smaller size version, you should just be patient. Maybe they'll even bundle it with a game you'll be interested in. And don't call it crap. :3

BigPapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pulled the trigger. Also ordered the smash brothers cover plates. So the Animal Crossing stuff (not to be confused with crap) will be up on eBay next week.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
If you're really intent on getting the smaller size version, you should just be patient. Maybe they'll even bundle it with a game you'll be interested in. And don't call it crap. :3
The AC bundle isn't selling that great though. Not good prospects for it being in their normal line-up because of that fact.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Not sure what you're trying to say. But the bundle was a terrible idea.
What I meant was because the AC bundle is selling poorly, it will likely signal to Nintendo that selling the new 3ds alone is a bad idea.

And I agree with you. The bundle was a bad idea because, at $220, it was too expensive for the casuals it's aimed at.
If the new 3ds was bundled with Zelda TFH at $180, it would sell like hotcakes.

BigPapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AC bundle was also a bad idea because plenty of adults (mainly men) buy these devices and they don't want to play AC or be seen with what looks like a Holly Hobby toy. Selling the bundle is fine, but don't make that the only option. They obviously have the devices, not sure why they can't just put plain white cover plates on them and sell them at a fair price. My Vita already runs rings around the 3DS (for me, don't want to start a debate). It seems to me Nintendo is already on borrowed time and had better make their nut while they can. The small size of the 3DS is one of the features of the device, so the 3DS XL lacks that feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson