URGENT - Need help...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by PaddyC13, Jun 24, 2013.

1. PaddyC13
    OP

PaddyC13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2013
    Hi Folks,

It was suggested to me that you people on this forum may be able to help me. Unfortunately I updated my DSi XL to firmware version 1.4.5E today by mistake (don't ask!). This means that my AceKard 2i has stopped working - argh!!!

The AceKard 2i shows up as "Deep Labrinth Digital Bros" but now gives the following error when I try to load it...

An error has occurred.
    Press and hold the POWER
    Button to turn the system off.
    Please refer to the Nintendo DSi
    Operations Manual for details.

Luckily I have access to other DS devices to update the card the only issue is that I do not where to get the appropriate update from. I have checked out the AceKard web site but this seems to be "dead".

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Paddy
    UK

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    PaddyC13 likes this.
  3. PaddyC13
    OP

PaddyC13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2013
  4. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    There is no 1.4.5 update, and that page seems unviewable. It's likely that they copied the description from another cart and didn't bother to edit the numbers properly.

PaddyC13 likes this.
  5. PaddyC13
    OP

PaddyC13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2013
    Thanks Rydian. Is the SuperCard DSTWO a good choice as a replacement for the AceKard 2i?

Paddy

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The Supercard DSTWO and the R4i Gold 3DS seem to be the two most popular choices, the Supercard DSTWO largely considered to be marginally better.

PaddyC13 likes this.
  7. PaddyC13
    OP

PaddyC13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2013
    Thanks everyone - looks like I will have to invest in a new card. Shame as I really like the AceKard 2i, it has been a faithful servant over the last couple of years.

Paddy

8. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    The DSTwo is the only cart that hasn't been blocked permanently by updates so far. Every other cart has needed to put out new models or hardware revisions, with the older ones being limited to older firmware versions (like the AK2i is now).

The R4i Gold will feel right at home to you though. It uses Wood, which is built from the same source AKAIO was, they can even use the same skins.

9. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I'm waiting until the R4i Gold 3DS team puts out a new hardware version, one that isn't a pain in the bitch to update... This "Rev C actually being Rev B" bullshit is driving me bananas.