URGENT MESSAGE TO CANADIANS

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As an American, I want to apologize to our neighbors in the north. Our legislators are evil, vile people and if it's not a day of policing the world and forcing our laws upon others, then it's just not a normal red-blooded gun-carrying American day for us all.

Please fight this with all you've got.

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
AlexFili said:
Making something illegal doesn't suddenly make it disappear off the face of the earth.
This is unlikely to affect the community in the long run.
If newbies can't buy flashcards, then why would they come here to research them? Everyone comes for the flashcarts, but stays for the community. If they don't come here to begin with, they can't very well stay.
I'm sure there will always be a way to purchase flashcarts, even through other users.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope they're not grabbing all those letters and compiling a list of "Who to Raid first".....

I am one of those that think that piracy can actually help sales of some games. Who would have bought Ouendan if not for ROMs? Phoenix Wright (Since it's very hard to find)?

Hell, Meteos?!

Of course, there's abuse also. But I honestly believe in the old "Try before you buy" philosophy.

Tozarian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone send those letters!

Even if your not canadian!

hate2.gif
mad.gif

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can sign one too even if I live in the U.S.? F*ck it, I'm doing it. This is really screwed up, I cant stand the way governments are for corporations, not for the people.

Panda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is just downright retarded. Just how the hell is the government going to enforce it? Are they going to come and bust open my house, confiscate and fine me for possessing a flash cart?

Fuck the Conservatives.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Relys said:
Only in Canada.
rolleyes.gif

Well, seeing how most modchips bought by us Americans were coming from Canadian retailers, we'll feel the effects, of that you can be sure. We also might feel other effects, such as certain websites we've become accustomed to visiting no longer being in existence. It's too early to tell perhaps just what we're all in for, but Canada has been playing a huge role in the whole scene. This isn't good, not if you're on this side of the equation. For European folks, this may be of little consequence, but for us, just as much as for Canadians, this will cause some serious shifting.

Nekoblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My dad, who happens to be a police officer, said something along the lines of "Who the fuck cares? We're too busy to be policing that shit."

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow... and I thought Australia was tight about this shit... but then again, we are allowed to use modchips and such for backups. Thank God for that.

This is somewhat reminding me of the Prohibition days (I learnt a lil bit about this in history class...). Soon enough we'll have mafia gangs running about the country selling flash carts and such. Anybody got a Thompson in their violin case?

jincongz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PEOPLE DON'T BE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!11 IF EVERYONE SENDS THE SAME MESSAGE, AND HALF OF THEM ARE BULL SHIT, THEY WON'T READ THE REST OF THEM. THEY'LL DISCOUNT ALL THE VIDEOS, AND SET IT AS SPAM!

Please, let's just have the Canadians, each write a individual letter. It's easier that way.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
jincongz said:
PEOPLE DON'T BE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!11 IF EVERYONE SENDS THE SAME MESSAGE, AND HALF OF THEM ARE BULL SHIT, THEY WON'T READ THE REST OF THEM. THEY'LL DISCOUNT ALL THE VIDEOS, AND SET IT AS SPAM!

Please, let's just have the Canadians, each write a individual letter. It's easier that way.
There's not enough time, we have less than a day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Post it again tomorrow tho