Hacking Urgent Help needed!

yevaud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I bought a second hand wii in good condition, which was used with soft-mod. The first owner, also transfered his games with conf.usb loader and wbfs manager (with a 100gb of 50games). My wife was so happy with her new toy, but I messed up everything: While tyring to reach InternetChannel, I updated the wii to 4.3(E). I was able to update HBC before this update, and HBC still appears (w/ BootMii v1.3).

Then, I tried to understand the mechanism to update the loaders and hacks. I follow Dr.Clippers guides on gwht to install/update everything over. But after battling with IOS236 several hours, I succeded but got tired and could not fight for IOS249 that long and gave up, looking for other solutions. But as a stranger to this world, I have a couple of questions and will be really glad if someone helps me.

Important: I am totally new to wii world, so please provide every possible detail or point out every necesary program (with versions, if possible) so that I can google appropriately.

Q1: Was it too bad to update my wii to ver4.3? (It was soft-modded before and HBC was updated before system update.)

Q2: If so, is it possible to revert it back? (I have no backups - my fool...) Is it harmless to revert it back? How?

Q3: If there is no way to go back, what can you suggest? (I dont want every game but, a couple of role-playing / adventure games, chess/mahjong etc, and a couple of wiiware like sports+,fit+ AND want to able to watch divx/xvid/mkv(?) movies, play music(?), smt like media center(?))

Q-fin: There are a couple of methods, as I see, and each of them has strengths on their own. What should I do, what is your suggestion (based on preferred usage on Q3 with possibly using some online games)? What are musts and recommended actions? HBC+BootMii+(?)??? USB Loader (which?), wanikoko, hackmii(?), priiloader ? What about ModMii, is it safe to downgrade? and install everyhing automatically? It seems really great but I need some approval (sorry for my paranoia)! Also, what are traps(called bricks?) or things that needs special attention? For example, I could not delete IOS 222,223,249,250 etc by AnyTitleDeleter and DOP-Mii, is it normal? None of winkoko's cIOSx's able to patch(?) IOS249 and neither cIOS222(Hermes) succeded.

In short, what do you suggest? I have 2 SD card, one is too small (256Mb) and one is too (I think-maybe wrong) large (8Gb) to backup by BootMii. This is a final constraint, if it is...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The easiest solution IMHO is to use ModMii from my signature below. Just start it, and from the main menu, select "W" ModMii Wizard, tell it your wii is a virgin (even though it isn't) so that u begin the softmodding process from the beginning. It will build u a custom guide based on your answers

rolandde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A1: Since 4.3 is solely for Homebrew prevention, updating is (as you've noticed) a pain in the bum. However, as you had HBC 1.0.8 installed you retained Homebrew, allowing you to do everything you could do on 4.2.

A2: You can revert to 4.2, but it's dangerous and if mistakes are made bricks will happen. I would not advice it without a boot2 backup.

A3: All you have to do is re-install cIOS222, 223, 249, and or 250 and any USB loader should work again.

yevaud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
The easiest solution IMHO is to use ModMii from my signature below. Just start it, and from the main menu, select "W" ModMii Wizard, tell it your wii is a virgin (even though it isn't) so that u begin the softmodding process from the beginning. It will build u a custom guide based on your answers

Should I downgrade to 4.2 or is it safe to go with 4.3?

yevaud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rolandde said:
A1: Since 4.3 is solely for Homebrew prevention, updating is (as you've noticed) a pain in the bum. However, as you had HBC 1.0.8 installed you retained Homebrew, allowing you to do everything you could do on 4.2.

A2: You can revert to 4.2, but it's dangerous and if mistakes are made bricks will happen. I would not advice it without a boot2 backup.

A3: All you have to do is re-install cIOS222, 223, 249, and or 250 and any USB loader should work again.

I could not - unfortunately - re-install or delete 222 and 249, and did not try 223 and 250 but succeded in re-installed 236 only
frown.gif
How can I reinstall those IOSs?

BTW, how can I backup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...