Homebrew Upside-Down HBC and other problems

Jackknife18846

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, unfortunately I made a mistake by installing Darkcorp v1.1 full and letting it replace all my ios'. Now when I boot up the HBC it is upside-down and when I press 1 on the wiimote to bring up the settings all of the options except "close" and "ok" give me a DSI exception. On top of that the HBC won't recognise my SD card anymore. I tried other ones and same problem. Any suggestions?

Jackknife18846

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download ModMii install it then run it and choose ModMii wizard then choose to update outdated softmods follow the instructions it will give you a pack of wads batch install all of them with the wad manager of your choice. https://sourceforge.net/projects/modmii/
It's hard to use a wad manager when you don't have a functioning HBC, thats my problem. I was thinking maybe instal bootmii as boot2 and replace that with a wad manager and install the clean IOS wads.

Last edited by Jackknife18846,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's hard to use a wa manager when you don't have a functioning HBC, thats my problem. I was thinking maybe instal bootmii as boot2 and replace that with a wad manager and install the clean ios'.
You will just have to navigate the upside down HBC. I've done it before.
Also, you should never install Darkcorp. It's a really bad idea since it replaces every IOS with the same file and might cause compatibility issues, even with games you own. It's not even needed, if you just want to launch burned discs from System Menu you can do so by installing Priiloader and forcing system menu and game IOS to 249. That will still have the same compatibility issues, but at least it's not making big changes to the system.

I recommend using a USB loader instead though. It won't have those compatibility issues, and you can still load burned discs through it if you really want (but why would you want to when HDDs are so much more convenient)

I would recommend undoing everything you did. You can reinstall the original IOS files with Multi-Mod Manager, and use SysCheck ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/syscheck-hacksden-edition.356133/ ) to verify that you got rid of all the patched IOSes.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Jackknife18846

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will just have to navigate the upside down HBC. I've done it before.
Also, you should never install Darkcorp. It's a really bad idea since it replaces every IOS with the same file and might cause compatibility issues, even with games you own. It's not even needed, if you just want to launch burned discs from System Menu you can do so by installing Priiloader and forcing system menu and game IOS to 249. That will still have the same compatibility issues, but at least it's not making big changes to the system.

I recommend using a USB loader instead though. It won't have those compatibility issues, and you can still load burned discs through it if you really want (but why would you want to when HDDs are so much more convenient)

I would recommend undoing everything you did. You can reinstall the original IOS files with Multi-Mod Manager, and use SysCheck ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/syscheck-hacksden-edition.356133/ ) to verify that you got rid of all the patched IOSes.
The HBC is completely unfunctional, it doesn't load usb's or SD/HC's That's why I needed help
Also I want to load burned DVD's because I'm making a professional-esque Pm mod, disc, case and all
And about USB loaders, for some reason none of them work on my wii, Wiiflow can display games but resets when i select them, and usbloadergx doesnt eve recognise my usb when is in either slots

Last edited by Jackknife18846,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The HBC is completely unfunctional, it doesn't load usb's or SD/HC's That's why I needed help
Also I want to load burned DVD's because I'm making a professional-esque Pm mod, disc, case and all
And about USB loaders, for some reason none of them work on my wii, Wiiflow can display games but resets when i select them, and usbloadergx doesnt eve recognise my usb when is in either slots
In USB Loader GX you may need to change the active partition in the settings to USB1.
And of course you need a cIOS installed into slot 249 at the bare minimum.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replace boot.dol (on the root of your SD) with your was manager and then open HBC. This should load you directly to the manager and allow you to fix your mistake.

Reactions: osaka35

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Replace boot.dol (on the root of your SD) with your was manager and then open HBC. This should load you directly to the manager and allow you to fix your mistake.
You must be confusing it with the 3DS/Wii U. HBC has the .dol embedded in the channel.
boot.dol on the root is only used by game exploits, letterbomb etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: