Upper screen flicker after replacing

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by pspunabletohack, Jun 20, 2015.

1. pspunabletohack
    OP

pspunabletohack GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2010
    Belgium
    I replaced my upper screen on my ds lite, then reassembled everything, but now when I turn on my DS the upper screen flickers and it's very noticable, I checked the ribbon cable and it doesn't seem to be cracked or anything, and it sits good in place on the motherboard. Did I do something wrong? Or does the screen need to be grounded/earth or something?

Thanks in advance

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    inside battery cover, there are 2 holes, you can see printed on board something like VF1 or VF2, i dont remember what is the names exactly

better doing with the console open and not through the holes since you can touch somehting accidentally and break a fuse just like i did (or worse)

anyway, not sure which is for which screen but thoose things are like screws, you must rotate them with a screwdriver until you find the right position
    try to be carefull and don't over turn them, it can fry the screen

i will try to take a picture and show you what i am talking about

screen regulators.jpg
    click on the picture for zoom, see the red circles? they are the screen regulators.. you must tweak them (not sure which one but you can rotate them a bit to see which screen is changing... just try to be careful...
    and as i said, i reccomend you to do it while the console is open, or try to don' touch anything..
    for install flashme i had to make a connection on the hole in the left (the one after the regulator) and while blindly sticking a screwdriver on it creating short circuit... i blew up the fuse..

Last edited by migles, Jun 20, 2015
  3. pspunabletohack
    OP

Sep 11, 2010
    Belgium
    Thanks will try it out, but which way to turn them left or right? or does that depend.

4. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    depends, sometimes it needs higher, others lower... just slowly change it until yo

also, search on youtube or google tutorials about that screen regulators, i know this had a specific name but i forgot it..

pspunabletohack likes this.
  5. pspunabletohack
    OP

Sep 11, 2010
    Belgium
    Just did it, it worked! thanks a lot mate! :)

6. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    glad it worked