Shadowcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello.

Yesterday I purchased one second hand Wii U from a guy that after getting it, never used it.
The firmware version of the console is 1.0.1 and I want to hack it, but as I understand for the all posts I read here, that version of firmware is useless for this.

There is any way to upgrade to a firmware between 5.0.0 and 5.5.1?

Could you please give me your advice?

Sorry for my english, Spanish is my native language.

Thank you very much

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

Yesterday I purchased one second hand Wii U from a guy that after getting it, never used it.
The firmware version of the console is 1.0.1 and I want to hack it, but as I understand for the all posts I read here, that version of firmware is useless for this.

There is any way to upgrade to a firmware between 5.0.0 and 5.5.1?

Could you please give me your advice?

Sorry for my english, Spanish is my native language.

Thank you very much
Umm, no, you'll have to update to 5.5.2. It's not that it's not hackable and homebrewable, it's just that it's harder. If you were on a hackable firmware, you could download the 5.5.1 update online. put it on the SD Card, and install it through WUP Installer GX2 Mod, so yeah. Purchase a Haxchi-compatible game and save yourself some time, use http://u.drg.li or http://cg.u.drg.li and then the steps are pretty obvious from there on.

Last edited by aykay55,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Umm, no, you'll have to update to 5.5.2. It's not that it's not hackable and homebrewable, it's just that it's harder. If you were on a hackable firmware, you could download the 5.5.1 update online. put it on the SD Card, and install it through WUP Installer GX2 Mod, so yeah. Purchase a Haxchi-compatible game and save yourself some time.
They dont have to update to 5.5.2 they can buy any number of games that have 5.5.1 update and use that instead.

Shadowcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Only way is 5.5.2, buddy. Or no homebrew at all.
Noooo! I really enjoy homebrew stuff!!!

OK, in short words.
*Update to 5.5.2
*Buy a Haxchi - Compatible Game
*Follow the instructions in the post for installing a CFW
*Enjoy

Am I right?

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To install haxchi yoi will first have to run the browser exploit which has a really low bootrate on 5.5.2 something like 1 in 25 attempts to load it will work but on 5.5.1 it is nearly a 100% bootrate

Shadowcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
To install haxchi yoi will first have to run the browser exploit which has a really low bootrate on 5.5.2 something like 1 in 25 attempts to load it will work but on 5.5.1 it is nearly a 100% bootrate

I don't know anybody with a Wii U, so I don't think I could get a borrowed game...
Maybe I could make an effort and buy a game for upgrade. Which firmwares are hackables?

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's become better. And 5.5.1 does not have a 100% bootrate. It crashes multiple times, about a 55% success rate. At least with loadiine.ovh so yeah.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And 1 in 25 = 4% bootrate, so yeah.

Noooo! I really enjoy homebrew stuff!!!

OK, in short words.
*Update to 5.5.2
*Buy a Haxchi - Compatible Game
*Follow the instructions in the post for installing a CFW
*Enjoy

Am I right?
Yeah, that's right. Actually, use http://stupiid.ovh to install Haxchi, then you don't need the browser at all afterwards. You can proceed to use Haxchi to launch Homebrew with a true 100% success rate.

Edit: Don't use sleepii.ovh, as it does not exist anymore.

Last edited by aykay55,

Shadowcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yeah, that' right. install Haxchi, then you don't need the browser at all afterwards. You can proceed to use Haxchi to launch Homebrew with a true 100% success rate.

Ok, I will follow your advice
Starting the upgrade!!!

Thank you guys!

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's become better. And 5.5.1 does not have a 100% bootrate. It crashes multiple times, about a 55% success rate. At least with loadiine.ovh so yeah.

And 1 in 25 = 4% bootrate, so yeah.

Yeah, that' right. Actually, use http://sleepi.ovh to install Haxchi, then you don't need the browser at all afterwards. You can proceed to use Haxchi to launch Homebrew with a true 100% success rate.
Been using the loadiine.ovh website for about 11 months pretty much several times a day and only ever had it not work 2 times so have zero idea how you have such a low boot figure buddy. Plus read my previous post i said near 100 % not 100% plus l know numerous people with similar figures to mine.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using the loadiine.ovh website for about 11 months pretty much several times a day and only ever had it not work 2 times so have zero idea how you have such a low boot figure buddy.
For me it works 50% of the time, can't imagine why. I've used 5.5.1 browsploit/browserhax for a long time, and it's only worked half the time. It actually stopped working gradually. I now use Haxchi and it hasn't failed once.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For me it works 50% of the time, can't imagine why. I've used 5.5.1 browsploit/browserhax for a long time, and it's only worked half the time. It actually stopped working gradually. I now use Haxchi and it hasn't failed once.
If you use the latest version of the homebrew browser then the success rate does go down a fair bit but if you use the old 1.3 version it gives you the figures i have said. But yes haxchi does work 100% of the time.

Shadowcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
from the available games for Haxchi, would you recomend one?
For all the games is the same? should I choose just the cheapest and that's it?

Shadowcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok Guys, I already upgraded my Wii U to 5.5.2
I got all the files I need for installing HaxChi
but...
I need to buy the DS game and I don't have dollars, just Bitcoin
Do you know a website where I could buy a 10$ Nintendo e-shop card using Bitcoin?
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM