Upgrading SD card after installing CFW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JFalcon, Sep 4, 2016.

1. JFalcon
    OP

JFalcon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    Heya, I recently installed CFW Luma 3DS and was wondering if I would need to take any steps to upgrade from a 16GB SD to a 32GB one? I've transferred the contents of my SD card to the the new one but it doesn't boot into Emunand when I hold down my assigned button. I still have all of my files on my other one so if all fails it isn't like I'm screwed, thanks for reading.

2. Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited by Ghassen-ga, Sep 4, 2016
  3. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    See, Your problem was using emunand. I blame your laziness and/or fear of bricks for not completing plailect's guide. If you had followed plailect's guide completely, you would've ended up with a hack 3ds with just sysnand. Anyway, to solve your problem, you need to make an emunand on your 32gb. Next, extract the emunand on your current 16gb sd card and then inject into your 32gb. After that copy all contents into 32gb.

Last edited by cooroxd, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Ghassen-ga

Jul 21, 2016
    how do you even know he used plai's guide ? there are many other ways to install a Cfw you know ?

5. JFalcon
    OP

JFalcon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    It all depends on what you prefer and I already committed to Luma and didn't feel like going back and redoing things.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If I'm not mistaken he may have stumbled across a post I made yesterday about wanting to play online in Emunand and how to do it.

6. Ghassen-ga

Jul 21, 2016
    to be fair, installing a9hl is now easier and safer than ever , you can even run emunand on it , and you can get to keep your games and all of your content.
    It only takes arround 30 mins as well.

Last edited by Ghassen-ga, Sep 4, 2016
  7. JFalcon
    OP

JFalcon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    Would have been nice to know that when a friend fucked things up and lost all of my games.

8. Ghassen-ga

Jul 21, 2016
    I personally installed it on both of my 3ds recently , it took me around 1 hour and 15 min for both , I was afraid of installing it before because it seemed way complicated , but this new way is as simple as installing a CFW.

9. JFalcon
    OP

JFalcon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    Is it still possible for me to install it? If you could help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

10. Ghassen-ga

Jul 21, 2016
    Of course it is , put back your other sd card , use menuhax to boot the homebrew launcher , or go to your sysnand and boot the homebrew launcher via the browser , and follow this tutorial.