NoLaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I attempted to update my switch CFW and FW today and something seems to have gone wrong. Hoping someone can guide me in the right direction for a fix.

I updated one of my switches from I believe Atmosphere 1.3.1 to 1.4. I also upgraded Hekate to 5.9 and installed updated sigpatches. Following that I was able to boot the Switch into Horizon OS on CFW successfully (though first attempt hung up at the Nintendo Switch screen for unclear reasons). I went to the firmware section and confirmed it said Atmosphere 1.4.

I then went to Daybreak to update the firmware. I upgraded the firmware to 15.0.0. Daybreak said the install was successful and offered to reboot the console. I said yes. Console attempted to reboot, but got stuck when it hit the Nintendo Switch logo.

I've turned off the console and attempted to boot it up again but each time it hangs on the Nintendo screen. I've pushed the correct fusee.bin, and the atmosphere splash screen appears and seems to work until the Nintendo screen. I can boot into Hekate without an issue as well. But if I try and push the fusee.bin payload from Hekate, the same thing happens.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Hello everyone,

I attempted to update my switch CFW and FW today and something seems to have gone wrong. Hoping someone can guide me in the right direction for a fix.

I updated one of my switches from I believe Atmosphere 1.3.1 to 1.4. I also upgraded Hekate to 5.9 and installed updated sigpatches. Following that I was able to boot the Switch into Horizon OS on CFW successfully (though first attempt hung up at the Nintendo Switch screen for unclear reasons). I went to the firmware section and confirmed it said Atmosphere 1.4.

I then went to Daybreak to update the firmware. I upgraded the firmware to 15.0.0. Daybreak said the install was successful and offered to reboot the console. I said yes. Console attempted to reboot, but got stuck when it hit the Nintendo Switch logo.

I've turned off the console and attempted to boot it up again but each time it hangs on the Nintendo screen. I've pushed the correct fusee.bin, and the atmosphere splash screen appears and seems to work until the Nintendo screen. I can boot into Hekate without an issue as well. But if I try and push the fusee.bin payload from Hekate, the same thing happens.

Thanks!
Also, I deleted the contents folder. There were no sysmodules or anything special installed on the switch

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
Move your /atmosphere/contents directory to /atmosphere/contents.bk and try to boot again.

e: if that doesn’t work, make sure you have the matching fusee.bin downloaded from the Atmosphere GitHub and you;ve placed it in /bootloader/payloads/

Last edited by binkinator,

NoLaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Move your /atmosphere/contents directory to /atmosphere/contents.bk and try to boot again.

e: if that doesn’t work, make sure you have the matching fusee.bin downloaded from the Atmosphere GitHub and you;ve placed it in /bootloader/payloads/
Thanks for the quick reply!

I had already deleted that folder and didnt make a backup. I tried creating a new folder /atmosphere/contents.bk but it still wont boot

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply!

I had already deleted that folder and didnt make a backup. I tried creating a new folder /atmosphere/contents.bk but it still wont boot

It’s fine if you deleted it.

no need to create a BacKup directory if you don’t have the source anymore.

Pleaase share you /bootloader/hekte_ipl.ini file

NoLaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s fine if you deleted it.

no need to create a BacKup directory if you don’t have the source anymore.

Pleaase share you /bootloader/hekte_ipl.ini file
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Did you grab the latest fusee.bin from the atmosphere site?

needs to go where payload indicates…here:

hika1i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I met the same problem, but on EmuMMC. Finally, I use a clean sd card with the newest hekate and atmosphere, the problem was solved.

I met the same problem, but on EmuMMC. Finally, I use a clean sd card with the newest hekate and atmosphere, the problem was solved.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It‘s not an awful idea.

Move/rename /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk
Move/rename ’bootloader to /bootloader.bk

grab a fresh copy of Atmosphere.x.x.zip and Hekate.x.x.x.zip and unzip the, in the root of your SDCard.

copy /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini to /bootloader/helate_ipl.ini and reboot

e: 0ne last thing to check…are you on exfat or fat32 partition? when you installed the new firmware did you select fat32+exfat or just fat32? If you are on an exfat partition and select fat32 only FW it will do this black screen thing.

NoLaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes I did

Hmmm. This is kinda odd.

Do you have a backup of your emunand right before the upgrade? We might want to roll back and try the FW update again.
I unfortunately do not. I imagine there is something left over from a prior atmosphere install which is causing the issue. This switch has been updated a bunch of times through the years. If I rolled to my last backup I would lose alot of save data.

I unfortunately do not. I imagine there is something left over from a prior atmosphere install which is causing the issue. This switch has been updated a bunch of times through the years. If I rolled to my last backup I would lose alot of save data.
I already deleted the fusee primary/secondary/mtc files already. If I was to do a fresh install of atmosphere/Hekate, what would I need to keep from all these folders to make sure I didnt need to reinstall a bunch of things/lose saves?

It‘s not an awful idea.

Move/rename /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk
Move/rename ’bootloader to /bootloader.bk

grab a fresh copy of Atmosphere.x.x.zip and Hekate.x.x.x.zip and unzip the, in the root of your SDCard.

copy /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini to /bootloader/helate_ipl.ini and reboot

e: 0ne last thing to check…are you on exfat or fat32 partition? when you installed the new firmware did you select fat32+exfat or just fat32? If you are on an exfat partition and select fat32 only FW it will do this black screen thing.
I did Fat32 only but I'm certain its a FAT32 partition...I had always read the exFAT was not ever recommended so I've done FAT32 since I got the console

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.1 KB · Views: 80

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I already deleted the fusee primary/secondary/mtc files already. If I was to do a fresh install of atmosphere/Hekate, what would I need to keep from all these folders to make sure I didnt need to reinstall a bunch of things/lose saves?
Just move them out of the way by adding .bk to the folder names of /atmosphere and ’bootloader. This will not delete them. When you unzip the new downloads they will create new /atmosphere and /bootloader directories. If this doesn’t work we can roll back by deleting these new ones and the re,ove the .bk from the old ones and we’re back right where we were.

NoLaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just move them out of the way by adding .bk to the folder names of /atmosphere and ’bootloader. This will not delete them. When you unzip the new downloads they will create new /atmosphere and /bootloader directories. If this doesn’t work we can roll back by deleting these new ones and the re,ove the .bk from the old ones and we’re back right where we were.
Okay tried this and still did not work

Also definitely FAT 32

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.1 KB · Views: 72

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm

Also definitely FAT 32
Great! We can check that off the list.

Did yiu create your own FW dump like it says in the reentry guide or did yiu “find” Firmware from someone like that Darth Sternie guy?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its pretty full, but Windows shows the SD card as having 8 gb free

Without a backup we don’t want to format this card. Do you have another card we can use to test a clean install? Otherwise we should back everything up so you don’t lose data and then get to a point where we can boot again.

NoLaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without a backup we don’t want to format this card. Do you have another card we can use to test a clean install? Otherwise we should back everything up so you don’t lose data and then get to a point where we can boot again.
I dont have another card thats as big as this that is empty. Ill back up the entire card to my computer then

I dont have another card thats as big as this that is empty. Ill back up the entire card to my computer then
Or should I be making a backup in Hekate?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or should I be making a backup in Hekate?
It only has to be big enough to for a partition so anything bigger than 32G will do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm thinking about getting a 1tb SD card and booting batocera just for pc emulation