Hacking Upgraded luma and now i'm bricked

desperation-is-me

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 17, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
4
Trophies
0
Age
44
XP
85
Country
United States
I am freaking out because I told a friend I'd install LumaCFW on her N3DSXL. I got it all working, then as a final step, went to my luma settings and upgraded to the latest version of Luma. It prompted me to restart by pressing start, I did that and now the 3ds won't turn on.

Even when I take the SD card out, the 3ds won't turn on...I'm stuck on black screens. I've tried holding R+L during bootup too and it still won't work. I don't believe I backed up anything either, which could be a problem.

Please help me!!! I'd be so appreciative, really, thank you in advance senpai
 
I am freaking out because I told a friend I'd install LumaCFW on her N3DSXL. I got it all working, then as a final step, went to my luma settings and upgraded to the latest version of Luma. It prompted me to restart by pressing start, I did that and now the 3ds won't turn on.

Even when I take the SD card out, the 3ds won't turn on...I'm stuck on black screens. I've tried holding R+L during bootup too and it still won't work. I don't believe I backed up anything either, which could be a problem.

Please help me!!! I'd be so appreciative, really, thank you in advance senpai

Do you have the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root?..
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted-379826
Hold select, do the settings come up again? If so you probably didn't check the proper ones!
 
What program did you use to update? Delete the new arm9loaderhax.bin and change the arm9loaderhax.bin.bak to arm9loaderhax.bin and try again.

Is your sd card real? If not optless brick strikes again
Probably not. He said the program told him to press start to restart. SafeA9LHInstaller will tell you press any key to turn off.
 
Last edited by trinhno,
  • Like
Reactions: MajinCubyan
Is your sd card real? If not optless brick strikes again
This has nothing to do with the OPT less install or the very rare bricks linked to it...

To OP I suggest you delete the config.txt that is in the luma folder and copy manually the arm9loaderhax.bin file to the SD card.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dimmidice
So what was it? Because we gave you many things to try and it might be useful for people who will come after you :)
My problem was a corrupted Luma update. It was the most simple easy fix. Deleted config file from luma folder, deleted the .bak file and overwrote the arm9loaderhax.bin with a fresh one from the Luma download package.

Thanks to all 1,000,000 times for walking me through this fix and I am so relieved!
 

Site & Scene News