Hacking Upgrade Firmware on softmodded Wii?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Jquiizzy said:
I'm trying to get the nintendo channel to work but it wants me to update... is it safe? I'm on 4.2U
If you have Priiloader blocking updates, just use ModMii to download and install the latest version of the Nintendo Shopping Channel, then download the Nintendo Channel from there. If you don't have Priiloader, use ModMii to properly softmod your Wii. Updating to 4.3 is a bad idea.

Jquiizzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i got the files.. next step is...? lol i assume just put them on an sd and install them via the wii software?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I gotta agree with Joostin here. Sure, installing the wads with a wad installer such as yawm is what you need to do. But this is like using a trapeze without a safety net: it only goes well as long as you know what you're doing.

...and I can show you dozens of links of people who accidentally updated their wii and found themselves unable to rehack their wii because they didn't took the precautions to avoid the wii to update in the first place (this is what priiloader does).

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
I gotta agree with Joostin here. Sure, installing the wads with a wad installer such as yawm is what you need to do. But this is like using a trapeze without a safety net: it only goes well as long as you know what you're doing.

...and I can show you dozens of links of people who accidentally updated their wii and found themselves unable to rehack their wii because they didn't took the precautions to avoid the wii to update in the first place (this is what priiloader does).
Also, loading the Nintendo Channel will still check his System Menu version, so he will still be prompted to update. I asked if he had Priiloader because, if he doesn't, it's possible the Nintendo Channel isn't even out of date.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Wever said:

Also, loading the Nintendo Channel will still check his System Menu version, so he will still be prompted to update. I asked if he had Priiloader because, if he doesn't, it's possible the Nintendo Channel isn't even out of date.
He could also for example use startpatch to hack the system menu
tongue.gif

Ratmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where is the nintendo channel located in ModMii? Since the last update I have been looking for a way to install this and can't seem to find it.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
IceIceBird said:
He could also for example use startpatch to hack the system menu
tongue.gif

Silly me, always suggesting the easy and logical way to do things. Why didn't I think of something stupid like installing StartPatch?
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Ratmonkey @ Jun 14 2011, 03:56 PM) Where is the nintendo channel located in ModMii? Since the last update I have been looking for a way to install this and can't seem to find it.
I thought it was there, but I can't find it either. I don't know how the OP got it. It might not have a ticket on NUS.

What I should have suggested from the beginning (and I'm going to edit my posts so people don't get confused in the future) is to update the Shopping Channel, block updates with Priiloader, and then download the Nintendo Channel from there. Sorry for the slip-up, I haven't been feeling 100% for the past few days (pretty sure it's just a cold though), but I should have checked ModMii first. Sorry for the mistake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...