Hacking Upgrade BootMii

LiquidDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just wondering if I can upgrade my BootMii installation. I installed an older version some time ago. Maybe November or so. I think I used the boot2 installation and made sure to do a NAND backup. When I boot the wii I no longer see the BootMii menu. I figured upgrading won't hurt but wanted to make sure if there are any steps I need to do before upgrading. Any help would be appreciated!

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
neh, no steps needed. hackmii installer is designed to detect older installations to prevent bricks, so it would automatically do the work.

If you dont see bootmii menu again, perhaps you have installed boot2v4 but you were originally using some other version...

But to make it short: just get the latest hackmii installer, install bootmii/boot2 & bootmii/ios (why ios: so we can launch it from the HBC). Also you can do prepare sd card again.

What I also recommend you is to make another nand dump if you might brick, cuz you might have new boot2 and your old nand dump might not which bricks. & bricking is pure badness because you need to use infectus sometimes.

LiquidDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well thats good to know! I just don't know if i can make another current NAND backup. I cannot get to the bootmii menu when i start the wii. It just loads right to the wii menu.

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeadlyFoez said:
Drag0nflamez said:
What I also recommend you is to make another nand dump if you might brick, cuz you might have new boot2 and your old nand dump might not which bricks. & bricking is pure badness because you need to use infectus sometimes.
Bootmii's restore feature never touches boot1 or boot2 at all...ever. So if you have a nand backup from 1 year ago and you do an official nintendo online update and it installs boo2v4 and you then restore your year old backup then it will work perfectly fine.
yes but if he needs to use the Infectus... pure badness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back