Updating Wii's to 4.3?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Pogoplay, Nov 20, 2011.

Nov 20, 2011

Updating Wii's to 4.3? by Pogoplay at 8:18 AM (378 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Pogoplay
    OP

Newcomer Pogoplay Newbie

United States
    Hello there,

So, I am still a bit of a newbie in the modding scene so here I go. After much search and coming up with almost nothing, what is the correct way to update my soft-modded 4.1U Wii to a 4.3 update? I heard just updating through steps using ModMii is the way to do it but I wanted to make sure before going ahead because I wouldn't want a expensive paperweight sitting at my desk.

Thanks and appreciation in advance :)

2. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    There is absolutely no reason to update past 4.1. 4.2/4.3 are designed to remove/block homebrew and to brick region changed Korean Wii's. There were no features or bug fixes included. With 4.1 you get everything you would with 4.3 except the suck, lol.

3. Pogoplay
    OP

Newcomer Pogoplay Newbie

United States
    Hmm, alright, thanks for the info! Im just trying to figure out how to run Zelda, and from what I read up, I needed to do that. Whats happening is that my Wii is rebooting to the Main menu everytime I trying booting Zelda up, I know there is probably somewhere to find out how to fix that but I've had no luck. Mind pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks

4. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    This forum is really flooding with people opening topic about this game. Ever tried searching ???
    Take a look at WiiPower's topic in the Backup Loader section.