Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I Know some of you want to kill me for sying this but,

I've got no time to screw with my wii, i dont want to install custom ios's etc

i've got the HBC and some wads on it i just want to update to 3.4 i dont give a shit about wii homebrew anymore cause i dont have time to play with it every time theres an update

will the update brick my wii or what?
remove HBC?
and wads?

whats will happen
cause im at the neck with this thing and i swear ill smash it soon.
i just want to use it like normal play the new games etc etc

eddie182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will that stop the Homebrew channel working or the wad manager? I'm having the same problem. I want to be able to play new games but will my modchip stop working as well? I have 3.2E a Wiikey V1 and HBC.

What's going to happen if I update?

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
due to the chip, I wouldn't update, but updating won't block the homebrew channel unless you have an older version of it, and the WAD Manager will no longer work, but you will keep all the installed WADs, so it's a double edged sword really

eddie182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, Thankyou
smile.gif

GEMISIS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually been wondering something:

I have the newest menu for the NTSC region (3.4U) and I have the HBC beta 9. Would I be able to update the HBC to the newest version? Or would something go wrong and brick my Wii? It's a family Wii so I can't risk bricking it, but as of now, it crashes.

-GEMISIS

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
Just update. It's completely safe.

yeah, my general rule of thumb is "Homebrew Channel, go ahead and update your wii, worst the big N does is delete it and then you wait for the next version, ANYTHING ELSE, stay the fuck away from Nintendo updates"

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have firmware 3.4U. I updated about a month ago, before I decided to get a mod chip(Which will be arriving in another two weeks) will I have any issues or will I be alright. I also have a bunch of games which I have used brick blocker to remove the updates just in case of any issues. Kinda new to the process so since someone already started this thread about the firmware update mind as well chime in
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock