Updating wii..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by x-mah-D, Feb 20, 2009.

Feb 20, 2009

Updating wii.. by x-mah-D at 11:07 PM (901 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

  1. x-mah-D
    OP

    Banned x-mah-D Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2009
    Messages:
    128
    Country:
    Australia
    I Know some of you want to kill me for sying this but,

    I've got no time to screw with my wii, i dont want to install custom ios's etc

    i've got the HBC and some wads on it i just want to update to 3.4 i dont give a shit about wii homebrew anymore cause i dont have time to play with it every time theres an update

    will the update brick my wii or what?
    remove HBC?
    and wads?

    whats will happen
    cause im at the neck with this thing and i swear ill smash it soon.
    i just want to use it like normal play the new games etc etc
     
  2. IOS37

    Newcomer IOS37 Advanced Member

    Joined:
    May 23, 2008
    Messages:
    67
    Country:
    United States
    Just update then It won't brick.
    No need to remove HBC or wads.
     
  3. x-mah-D
    OP

    Banned x-mah-D Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2009
    Messages:
    128
    Country:
    Australia
    k thanks
     
  4. eddie182

    Newcomer eddie182 Member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2007
    Messages:
    42
    Country:
    Australia
    Will that stop the Homebrew channel working or the wad manager? I'm having the same problem. I want to be able to play new games but will my modchip stop working as well? I have 3.2E a Wiikey V1 and HBC.

    What's going to happen if I update?
     
  5. cactusjack901

    Newcomer cactusjack901 Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2009
    Messages:
    83
    Country:
    United States
    due to the chip, I wouldn't update, but updating won't block the homebrew channel unless you have an older version of it, and the WAD Manager will no longer work, but you will keep all the installed WADs, so it's a double edged sword really
     
  6. eddie182

    Newcomer eddie182 Member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2007
    Messages:
    42
    Country:
    Australia
    Ok, Thankyou [​IMG]
     
  7. GEMISIS

    Newcomer GEMISIS Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2008
    Messages:
    53
    Country:
    United States
    I've actually been wondering something:

    I have the newest menu for the NTSC region (3.4U) and I have the HBC beta 9. Would I be able to update the HBC to the newest version? Or would something go wrong and brick my Wii? It's a family Wii so I can't risk bricking it, but as of now, it crashes.

    -GEMISIS
     
  8. Hells Guardian

    Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2008
    Messages:
    1,113
    Country:
    United States
    Just update. It's completely safe.
     
  9. cactusjack901

    Newcomer cactusjack901 Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2009
    Messages:
    83
    Country:
    United States

    yeah, my general rule of thumb is "Homebrew Channel, go ahead and update your wii, worst the big N does is delete it and then you wait for the next version, ANYTHING ELSE, stay the fuck away from Nintendo updates"
     
  10. Lakerfanalways

    Member Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2009
    Messages:
    825
    Country:
    United States
    I also have firmware 3.4U. I updated about a month ago, before I decided to get a mod chip(Which will be arriving in another two weeks) will I have any issues or will I be alright. I also have a bunch of games which I have used brick blocker to remove the updates just in case of any issues. Kinda new to the process so since someone already started this thread about the firmware update mind as well chime in [​IMG]
     

Share This Page