Hacking Updating to a specific FW WITHOUT USB cable

thewarhammer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone. I have two Vitas, one of them being at FW3.18 (it was used for PSP games only), and I was looking for a way to update it to FW3.60 to use HENkaku. But the main problem is that it's energy/data port is faulty, and it isn't recognized by any PC (tried lots of cables to see if it was a faulty USB cable, with no luck), and the only method I've found until now uses cable connection.

Is there another way to update it without the need of a cable?

Maav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Eeeeeh.

What's the point in updating it to 3.60 and using HENkaku if you won't be able to charge it anyway?

thewarhammer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, I can charge it normally, but can't have data access by cable.

I'd rather keep the "alright" Vita as my main and use the "faulty" one with HENkaku, as I can transfer stuff via FTP, see?

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what firmware is your alright vita on? I think you can do it by memory card if you have access to a 3.60 vita.

Can't you connect to QCMA via wifi?

Last edited by Yamagushi,

thewarhammer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
what firmware is your alright vita on? I think you can do it by memory card if you have access to a 3.60 vita.

Can't you connect to QCMA via wifi?

It's on FW3.60, and yes, I can connect. How does this method work?

You can also update via Charles proxy, although there are few guides on doing so.

Hm, makes sense. But as I never used Charles before, and didn't find any guides about it, I never tried it.

Iustaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello, thewarhammer, can you please tell me how to do it exactly, i have the same problem with my USB Port...i haven`t used Charles before

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?