Hacking Updating to 4.3?

Justdaguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From all the guides I've read with Monster Hunter tri, in order to get it working, I need to be on update 4.3

I haven't updated in forever, and I'm afraid if I do, all my HBC stuff will get screwed up, or my wii will brick.

What's a safe way to update to 4.3, and still be able to use HBC, or more importantly USB Loader GX?
(Or just a way to play monster hunter tri without it locking up after "Begin a game"

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Download 4.3 and a patched IOS80(IOS60) using ModMii, then install them using Multi-Mod Manager with a cIOS above 200.

Edit: I would install IOS56, as well to run the latest games.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From all the guides I've read with Monster Hunter tri, in order to get it working, I need to be on update 4.3

I haven't updated in forever, and I'm afraid if I do, all my HBC stuff will get screwed up, or my wii will brick.

What's a safe way to update to 4.3, and still be able to use HBC, or more importantly USB Loader GX?
(Or just a way to play monster hunter tri without it locking up after "Begin a game"
ModMii can fix the issue without updating!

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you didnt use modmii.
Modmii is a PC app.
You run it from your PC, and it automatically DL's all files you need for your wii.
All you need to do is follow the instructions, print out the guide it will generate for you,
And put the files it DL's for you onto your SD card. 2GB works fine, make sure its blank.
now put that SD card into the Wii, power on the wii, and follow the guide. Does'nt get any simplier.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The guides you read are not only wrong but plain out retarded. Monster hunter tri was released 2 months before 4.3 (for the Japanese version, it was even a year before 4.3). Are we to believe nobody was even able to play the game at the release?
Also: the game ships with 4.1 on it (source), so that isn't an issue either.

As said, firmware numbers don't matter. Just use priiloader to block disc and online updates and you're good (yes, those questions claim it's necessary. It's a flat out lie).

Reactions: 1 person

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guides you read are not only wrong but plain out retarded. Monster hunter tri was released 2 months before 4.3 (for the Japanese version, it was even a year before 4.3). Are we to believe nobody was even able to play the game at the release?
Also: the game ships with 4.1 on it (source), so that isn't an issue either.

As said, firmware numbers don't matter. Just use priiloader to block disc and online updates and you're good (yes, those questions claim it's necessary. It's a flat out lie).
I should have mentioned that; stupid me ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol