Updating Sysnand

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by wrong69, Sep 4, 2016.

1. wrong69
    OP

wrong69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
    Is it ok to just update my sysnand to latest version through system setting? I dont mind losing my rxtools access. tnx!

2. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Why exactly do you want to update your sysnand...

3. wrong69
    OP

wrong69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
    i just bought a second hand 2ds so decided to use it for my hacking needs. im going to use my 3ds to play games online.

4. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    You can use a hacked 3ds online with an updated emunand...

5. wrong69
    OP

wrong69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
    Yeah but a weird part of me just wants to use sysnand lol.

6. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Ok then, do what you want to do. Just know that any games and saves from pirated cias will be lost when you update, so be sure to back the saves up before hand.

7. ninjanick999

ninjanick999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2014
    United States
    See, Nintendo is now using mind control to get people to update their 3DS systems. No one is safe!

Jubash and cravas like this.
  8. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    @ih8ih8sn0w No valid games and their saves are still in the SD, but there aren"t usable without having the game legally (this includes the backup function for saves) ; they will appear in System Settings with a Cross or with an "?" simbol.
    Yes it will be fine, but first make sure you have all right Nand (none apps or games in the Activity Log that you don"t want here to show, if you can inject a clean ticke.db in case the one you have have bad tickets, delete any game or app that you installed to the Nand if they aren"t legit (in case you injected something to the "Health and Safety" app reinstall it to can be used and show alright) and also in case you don"t want to update to 11.0.0-X you can use SysUpdater to update to a specific Firmware from Homebrew Launcher (but make sure that if you make this that the updates are from your same region and console model).

Last edited by Clector, Sep 4, 2016
    ih8ih8sn0w likes this.
  9. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Why make the thread, if you turn down people telling you not to do it? Like i legitimately dont get it. Heres what you want to do, and im surprised nobody has brought up arm9loaderhax yet. Especially with shadownand. You get to be on sysnand, and have the ability to run homebrew, pirated games etc.....

10. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    @Giodude There"s people that prefer to don"t use any CFW or similar, I personally do but no in 11.0.0-X because I use the Legit CIA isntallation to Spoof some Onliine Services like Online Play without the need to start everytime ctr-httpwn trough the Homebrew Launcher.

11. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Still though, if you have a downgraded system want to play online, install .cia's, not use private headers AND work from an updated sysNAND with FIRM protection it's common sense that A9LH would be the solution. Just my opinion but that would do everything the OP wants without the need to hack another DS to do the same exact thing. I'm a firm believer in working smarter vs harder. Do everything with ONE DS or, Kill the hax you already have on ONE (that can be improved to also transfer hax to the other) to install the SAME exact hax on another to play online when you don't have to seems awfully redundant to me.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The OP said they wanted to use CFW on their other DS anyway.